What's on your table tonight? Nov. 8th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
make sure you wipe up afterward with a hand swiffer:LOL: don't ya just hate chompin down on a bite of food and then having to peel a fur ball outta yer mouth?;)
I think cat hair is a freak of nature. You start with a clean plate from the cupboard, no cat in sight. After you have plated the food, and you have eaten most of it, what do you find on your plates - cat hair. It is sort of like a mini David Copperfield lives under the plate and magically produces these hairs while your back is turned!:huh:

After Wednesday night's dinner, I thought I should go on the lighter side so just grabbed a (very average tasting) Lean Cuisine.

Just got home. I stopped by at favorite bread bakery on the way home from work and got a loaf of Italian bread. It smelled so good in the car I almost got sick, I was really hungry. I just sliced apiece of bread spread some soft butter and covered with home made black currant jelly and tall glass of baked milk (I do not know how else to describe that milk). Oh my gosh it was so good. Heavenly, I should say, yum!!!!!!!!!!

I made a Pizza, the tomato sauce base was all our home grown tomatoes and oregano and garlic, the base was home made too and the flour was cut with home grown wheat flour as well.
it turned out Really nice! :)

We had friends over and I made Ina G's Chicken with 40 cloves of garlic. It was really good. Lots of compliments. Served it with Moroccan Couscous and a great loaf of bread.

The "40 cloves" episode was on yesterday as I was baking, I was thinking about that for tonight....... however my DH doesn't care for a ton of garlic. Is it overpowering? I can't be overpowered by garlic, he can.

I made a big batch of potato soup with sour cream, cheese, ham, green onions, and crumbles bacon for topping. The perfect comfort food for the rain that rolled through late yesterday.

The "40 cloves" episode was on yesterday as I was baking, I was thinking about that for tonight....... however my DH doesn't care for a ton of garlic. Is it overpowering? I can't be overpowered by garlic, he can.
Depends how you treat the garlic. Keep it whole and it is milder. There are other ways to reduce the garlic flavour as well but my mind has gone blank. It isn't something I think about very often as, like you, there is never too much garlic!

make sure you wipe up afterward with a hand swiffer:LOL: don't ya just hate chompin down on a bite of food and then having to peel a fur ball outta yer mouth?;)

What I hate is, you plate your food, you sit down at the table, you take your first fork or spoonful and raise it to your mouth and... there's that dam cat, with it's face either in your plate, or sniffing your breath to see what you just ate that he or she missed out on! I don't crawl across the floor over to their food bowls and get in their faces when they're eating, why do they have to get in mine?

What I hate is, you plate your food, you sit down at the table, you take your first fork or spoonful and raise it to your mouth and... there's that dam cat, with it's face either in your plate, or sniffing your breath to see what you just ate that he or she missed out on! I don't crawl across the floor over to their food bowls and get in their faces when they're eating, why do they have to get in mine?
We have two rescue Siberian Husky's. They don't often come in the house as they shed 365, no really. Anyway, I swept and cleaned yesterday the entire house as I am now at work and wanted to leave it clean for the man. I can't tell you how much fur I found/swept up/had to get rid of before washing the floor. Then hubby said, "honey, can I get a cat?" I asked why, he said, "so it will keep me company since you won't let me bring the dogs in." I simply with a firm voice said, "H&!! NO." Talk about hair!

Um, I dunno. Why are they allowed on the table? A few good swats or squirts of water in the face will break them of that habit.

suziquzie (Sp?)nhe garlic does not overpower the dish at all. It becomes mild and slightly sweet. My friends loved it.Next time, I'm going to try Alton Brown's recipe.

Um, I dunno. Why are they allowed on the table? A few good swats or squirts of water in the face will break them of that habit.
Actually, the two places my cats are strictly forbidden are the kitchen table and the kitchen counters, but I live alone, so I seldom sit down at the kitchen table to eat. I am usually in front of the computer (they are allowed on my desk) or in front of the television (they are allowed on the coffee and end tables) in the living room.

Oh, all but one cat are also forbidden from my bedroom, because I have a waterbed and if they get underneath and won't come out, it would take 6 to 8 hours to move the bed. Tyson is allowed because he's part maincoon, and too big to get under the bed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom