What's on't plate, mate? Dinner 20/10/13

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not a chance, Harry. We were members of the "Clean Plate Club" last night. I love how the roast turned out and, obviously, Glenn did, too.

Yeah! I love this kind of success.
damn! well take a pic BEFORE the ravening hoard descend next time,your food sounds darn good:chef:

cheers rocket!! i'll give it a go but,i have to say,harry & flour don't get along too well....never been able to bake,but,hey ho i'll give it a go:chef:!!

Well, I have to admit I was a tad lazy yesterday and used some of these. :LOL:

img_1312228_0_c785c56d2f669eafb240adb2c8a78c01.jpg

Harry, chicken N biscuits is good over mashed potatoes, too.
You'll find something that will work ;)

I can't get my head around biscuits with gravy they just look like scones to me

Not as much sugar, GQ. Not as dense, either.:)

Basic Biscuit

2 cups all-purpose flour

2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder

3/4 teaspoon salt

5 tablespoons shortening

3/4 cup milk

don't care queenie,if you'd seen that episode of tripleD when the biscuits were drenched in sausage gravy(more like our white sauce with bacon/sausage in it)you wouldn't have cared what they were called...i didn't:yum:!!

The food on Triple D always looks so delicious! (And I think I saw the episode with the biscuits in gravy Harry - there's no way I could finish eating that much food, but I would give it a go for sure!) :yum:

Actually all the portions served on Triple D look huge!

Last edited:
The food on Triple D always looks so delicious! (And I think I saw the episode with the biscuits in gravy Harry - there's no way I could finish eating that much food, but I would give it a go for sure!) :yum:

Actually all the portions served on Triple D look huge!
move over adam richman it's now "katy v food"!! gotta say i struggled with the portions when i was over there.tried to stick to fish/seafood most of the time,as i do here but even the fish etc portions were huge...v generous our american chums to be sure:yum:!!

move over adam richman it's now "katy v food"!! gotta say i struggled with the portions when i was over there.tried to stick to fish/seafood most of the time,as i do here but even the fish etc portions were huge...v generous our american chums to be sure:yum:!!

No contest! I'd lose before I even started! :LOL:

My visits to the US have not involved anything other than fast food/chain restaurant food I'm afraid. I will some day make it to a diner like the ones on Triple D though!

The main difference is texture, IMHO. Scones are heavier, denser and, in the case of the recipes from this book I use most often, scones tend to be drier. I find I'm usually adding a bit more liquid than called for. Biscuits tend to be fluffier and a bit moister. Probably more favorable for soaking up all that gravy. :yum: Also, most of the scones that are sold around here are sweet, not savory.

The main difference is texture, IMHO. Scones are heavier, denser and, in the case of the recipes from this book I use most often, scones tend to be drier. I find I'm usually adding a bit more liquid than called for. Biscuits tend to be fluffier and a bit moister. Probably more favorable for soaking up all that gravy. :yum: Also, most of the scones that are sold around here are sweet, not savory.
i think what gravy meant,cg is that what we call biscuits you call cookies & what we call scones you call biscuits.so it sounds odd to a brit to have gravy on biscuits.we do have savoury scones over here,usually baked with cheese.
omg cg,savoury cheese scones(biscuits)with sausage & bacon gravy....mmmmm...hubba hubba:pig:!!

Back
Top Bottom