What's on't plate, mate? Dinner 20/10/13

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Aye lad, it was reet nice! (Or something like that...) :LOL:

Your Fish, Chips and Mushy peas looked super too! I don't think I would ever tackle making them at home (when it is so easy to just pop to the chippy).
not bad nearly there katy "it t'were reet narse tha' knowest"
just heard on the beeb that you had a hurricane or tornado or something in hants?

Snickerdoodles are a fairly plain butter cookie, ( biscuits) rolled into little dough balls made better when rolled in a bowl of cinnamon sugar and smashed flat on the baking tray with a water glass. Bake. Eat.
ah hah! cheers whiska,sound deelish.anything with cinnamon sugar is a winner in my book:yum:!love the cinnabon rolls we used to get in the sawgrass mall when we were visiting nico in miami.happy daze mate:)

sounds great whiska but,ummm,snickerdoodles?
A form of biscuit much enjoyed by our American cousins. (Spoken in my best Dr Evadne Hinge voice)

The recipe sounds a bit like cinnamon dusted shortbread cookies.
Apparently the word owes much to the German for "snail".

I'm sure you really wanted to know that:)

Just heard on the radio that Tommy Whittle died last week. He played at the Bridgewater Hall last year but I was away so couldn't go. Did you catch it? (Sorry, off topic)

Harry,

I have to stay away from Cinnabons. I would wear them too well. :pig: I think they spray the air surrounding their shops to draw you in.

Dinners are lookig good folks. I better get dinner started aournd here too pretty soon.

Harry,

I have to stay away from Cinnabons. I would wear them too well. :pig: I think they spray the air surrounding their shops to draw you in.

Dinners are lookig good folks. I better get dinner started aournd here too pretty soon.
i think you are right there wiska me old mucker!! i swear you could smell them down on krome ave,miles before you got to sawgrass....drool:pig:!!

not bad nearly there katy "it t'were reet narse tha' knowest"
just heard on the beeb that you had a hurricane or tornado or something in hants?

Well, I had a stab at it! :LOL: I'm just a southern softy - what else do you expect? :-p

No Tornado here, but we did have a thunderstorm and torrential rain this afternoon - must have caught the edge maybe?

Well, I had a stab at it! :LOL: I'm just a southern softy - what else do you expect? :-p

No Tornado here, but we did have a thunderstorm and torrential rain this afternoon - must have caught the edge maybe?
sounds more like a bloody monsoon to me katers...typical bbc,what was it michael fish said on the weather forecast just before the south of england was flattened by a hurricane in 1986? oh yes "expect some strong gusts of wind":ermm:
de de de duh derr de stop press.just heard it was a tornado...there ya go!

sounds more like a bloody monsoon to me katers...typical bbc,what was it michael fish said on the weather forecast just before the south of england was flattened by a hurricane in 1986? oh yes "expect some strong gusts of wind":ermm:
de de de duh derr de stop press.just heard it was a tornado...there ya go!

Exactly! We got truly hammered by that "gust of wind"! I think today's "Tornado" was a very local thing, right on the coast.

Great sounding dinners, all. The fish and chips looks good, Harry, as usual. I love split pea soup so would love mushy peas, too. Oh and snickerdoodles! My favorite cookie. Haven't made them in a couple of years, now I'll have to very soon! :yum:

Just had an early afternoon dinner outside again, as it's a beautiful day. The pic might not look that appetizing :LOL: but was it ever good. Kind of a spin on red beans and rice, except I used black beans and quinoa. I needed to use up produce so added red and green bell peppers, jalapenos, carrots, onions, and garlic. One of those use-up-what-I-have meals. :angel: Seasoned with cumin, chili powder, and fresh cilantro. Served warm. Yummy, will definitely make again.

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:
As soon as I get the clean clothes put away, will be starting the Clam Chowder. Shrek is washing dishes, so I am NOT going to disturb him.

Black beans and rice here! And I'll see if I can trust Frank's suggestion of supposedly edible pepper plant leaves, which I'll steam. They are truly nasty when eaten raw.

Last edited:
Great sounding dinners, all. The fish and chips looks good, Harry, as usual. I love split pea soup so would love mushy peas, too. Oh and snickerdoodles! My favorite cookie. Haven't made them in a couple of years, now I'll have to very soon! :yum:

Just had an early afternoon dinner outside again, as it's a beautiful day. The pic might not look that appetizing :LOL: but was it ever good. Kind of a spin on red beans and rice, except I used black beans and quinoa. I needed to use up produce so added red and green bell peppers, jalapenos, carrots, onions, and garlic. One of those use-up-what-I-have meals. :angel: Seasoned with cumin, chili powder, and fresh cilantro. Served warm. Yummy, will definitely make again.
beautiful photo cj real cookbook quality:chef:.sounds damn tasty too.don't forget to stick it on food photo's & i've resurrected me old guilty pleasures thread..no watermelon shots tho'...far too healthy!!

As soon as I get the clean clothes put away, will be starting the Clam Chowder. Shrek is washing dishes, so I am NOT going to disturb him.

I think it is only right and proper that you post a pic of your Clam Chowder when it is done PF! After all the discussions about it, I need as much help as I can get when I make my first ever attempt! :LOL:

I think it is only right and proper that you post a pic of your Clam Chowder when it is done PF! After all the discussions about it, I need as much help as I can get when I make my first ever attempt! :LOL:

That means I have to find my camera...:ROFLMAO::wacko:

Back
Top Bottom