What's on't plate, mate? Dinner 20/10/13

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Harry Cobean

Executive Chef
fish,chips & mushy peas.beer.reese's "peanut butter pumpkin" for pudding(one of my guilty pleasures:yum:)got a couple of nice haddock loins double dipped in cornmeal/buttermilk then deep fried,crinkle cut chips & harry ramsden's mushies....food of the gods,hurrah!!

Attachments

• FISH,CHIPS & PEAS 001.JPG
    FISH,CHIPS & PEAS 001.JPG
    76.6 KB · Views: 180
  • FISH,CHIPS & PEAS 002.JPG
    FISH,CHIPS & PEAS 002.JPG
    101.7 KB · Views: 170
  • FISH,CHIPS & PEAS 004.JPG
    FISH,CHIPS & PEAS 004.JPG
    97.8 KB · Views: 189
  • FISH,CHIPS & PEAS 007.JPG
    FISH,CHIPS & PEAS 007.JPG
    129.7 KB · Views: 180
  • FISH,CHIPS & PEAS 006.JPG
    FISH,CHIPS & PEAS 006.JPG
    86.2 KB · Views: 225
  • FISH,CHIPS & PEAS 003.JPG
    FISH,CHIPS & PEAS 003.JPG
    94.7 KB · Views: 163
I made a steak and kidney casserole, and served it with new potatoes and peas. An ideal meal to counter the miserable rain, and cold, grey skies! :LOL:

Leftover meatloaf, and I think I will make potatoes Dauphinoise or maybe just scalloped potatoes, maybe roasted root veggies too. It's still early here, so who knows???? ;)

Great looking Sup Harry! Mushy peas look just like my split pea soup before I add cream. ;)

Last edited:
Ha. Baked pork chops on top of a pan of stuffing. Baked acorn squash alongside. Whiskadoodle's Snickerdoodles baking as I type. Thank you Betty Crocker recipe.

Leftover meatloaf, and I think I will make potatoes Dauphinoise or maybe just scalloped potatoes, maybe roasted root veggies too. It's still early here, so who knows???? ;)

Great looking Sup Harry! Mushy peas look just like my split pea soup before I add cream. ;)
thanks bunny:) the peas?yup,that's about what they are.marrowfat peas boiled to mush.a wondrous delicacy that actually comes back to say hello:ermm::ohmy::ROFLMAO:!!

I made a steak and kidney casserole, and served it with new potatoes and peas. An ideal meal to counter the miserable rain, and cold, grey skies! :LOL:
"snake & pygmy" ahh katy,a powerful counter to the most inclement weather i agree.sounds deeeelish chook:yum:!!

"snake & pygmy" ahh katy,a powerful counter to the most inclement weather i agree.sounds deeeelish chook:yum:!!

Aye lad, it was reet nice! (Or something like that...) :LOL:

Your Fish, Chips and Mushy peas looked super too! I don't think I would ever tackle making them at home (when it is so easy to just pop to the chippy).

Snickerdoodles are a fairly plain butter cookie, ( biscuits) rolled into little dough balls made better when rolled in a bowl of cinnamon sugar and smashed flat on the baking tray with a water glass. Bake. Eat.

Hm, they sound rather tasty. You wouldn't have the recipe for that "plain butter cookie" mix to hand? :) (I have acquired a set of cup measures since joining here, so can do "cross-pond" recipes easily now!)

Snickerdoodles are a fairly plain butter cookie, ( biscuits) rolled into little dough balls made better when rolled in a bowl of cinnamon sugar and smashed flat on the baking tray with a water glass. Bake. Eat.

Snickerdoodles are a favorite mainstay of all the school cafeterias around here. Kids love 'em (as do adults!)

I'm thinking pan-fried pork chops seasoned with something :ermm: with twice-baked potatoes (I LOVE :wub: twice-baked potatoes and got some huge potatoes at the farmer's market yesterday!) and probably a salad.

Back
Top Bottom