What's poppin in your mouth tonight, Sunday 12-4-2016?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Smoked turkey and tasso jambalya with Creole tomato sauce, using Paul Prudhomme's chicken and tasso jambalya recipe.

Last edited:
Something with ground beef (probably Salisbury steak) potatoes and frozen peas.

img_1490219_0_b4429964376f3cdb4d05e1d815a3bb89.jpg

Roaties, two vegs, sauce and a pork roast.

The pork roast is my lazy tjälknöl ( permafrost lump), my English speaking friends call it backwardroast, because you put in brine after it cook and it served cold and the meat is frozen when it goes into the oven, all you have to do is sleep for 10 hours. Really yummy and easy.

Have decided on Salisbury steak, mashed or scalloped potatoes, steamed frozen peas & fresh carrots and onion gravy.

My first batch of homemade coffee yogurt is incubating and will be done and ready to chill in 5 1/2 hours. I hope it's as good as the yogurt I used to make years ago.

The refrigerator died for the second time in 4 months, so instead of putting another $500 into it, we're going out to buy a new one.

Isn't it great to blow $2500 three weeks before Christmas, just as you've begun to start shopping for everyone?
So, dinner will be something cheap out somewhere.

I found a container of stuffed shells when I was going through my small freezer today, so we'll have that with an extra dose of lasagna sauce I made last month.

I'm also making salad and garlic bread to go with it.

Cream of mushroom soup, doctored up with more mushrooms, some porcini powder, a drop of sherry, and other stuff.

Well, a new fridge is coming on Tuesday.

I had to get to work, so we just stopped into a glorified pizza place and ate quickly. DW had calamari marinara, my boy had a coupla slices, and I had a Greek salad, extra anchovies.

Our cats followed me around the house when we got home wondering what incredible scent I was wearing.

Well, a new fridge is coming on Tuesday.

I had to get to work, so we just stopped into a glorified pizza place and ate quickly. DW had calamari marinara, my boy had a coupla slices, and I had a Greek salad, extra anchovies.

Our cats followed me around the house when we got home wondering what incredible scent I was wearing.

I love Greek salad, antipasto and Caesar salads with extra anchovies.

What fridge did you get? We replaced ours two years ago. Samsung French door showcase and wonderful large bottom freezer.

It is a Frigidaire Gallery series one, with the smudge-proof french doors and bottom freezer.

I hope you have better luck with your Samsung than we had with the one that came with the new house. It was only 5 years old and the condenser rusted out and had to be replaced last summer. $800 for that (it should have only been $500 for the repair, but Sears screwed it up and overcharged us, which we ended up finding out that their labor was non-refundable).
Then, the compresser died the other day during a power outage. The power to our house surged on and off several times which fried the compresser.

Oh, and the bottom ice-maker died last month also.

I did some research, and Samsung is known for being beautiful looking fridges with tons of great features, bit their electronics suck.

Like I said, I hope you got one of the good ones. The reviews seem to be split with a lot of great reviews, but far too many complaints as well.

bucky, as far as I'm concerned, modern refrigerators are an evil necessity. In my next life, I'm getting an old-fashioned ice box. Too bad my Dad isn't still here to deliver the blocks of ice!

For the longest time, I've been trying to find an old recipe from a Lipton soup box. I remember making a creamy broccoli soup from a recipe on the back. About a month ago, I found the recipe! We had that (Lipton Cream Of Broccoli Soup) and grilled cheese sandwiches. We couldn't decide between smoked Gruyere, smoked Gouda, or Havarti cheese, so I made one sandwich of each. Cut them kinda in half (Himself got the slightly larger halves because, well, he's larger!) and we each had a half of each sandwich. Gosh, after grilling them, they all pretty much tasted alike :huh:

Attachments

• 2016-12-04 22.10.15.jpg
    2016-12-04 22.10.15.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 120
We had Italian sausages with roasted potatoes, I had Brussel sprouts and TB had broccoli. He had tomatoes and we both had cucumbers!

A simple meal, but good!

For the longest time, I've been trying to find an old recipe from a Lipton soup box. I remember making a creamy broccoli soup from a recipe on the back. About a month ago, I found the recipe! We had that (Lipton Cream Of Broccoli Soup) and grilled cheese sandwiches. We couldn't decide between smoked Gruyere, smoked Gouda, or Havarti cheese, so I made one sandwich of each. Cut them kinda in half (Himself got the slightly larger halves because, well, he's larger!) and we each had a half of each sandwich. Gosh, after grilling them, they all pretty much tasted alike :huh:
CG I think I remember that soup recipe. My Mom used to make it as well. It was really good. I love Havarti in grilled cheese sandwiches! Actually I love it in anything! It is a cheese I can eat and not get a migraine.

LP, it's been decades since I made that soup! Tonight, though, I realized I should tweak it. ALL milk (3 1/2 cups) with the broccoli (I always use fresh) and packet of Lipton's soup is just too much milk. Next time I'll sub a cup of chicken broth for a cup of milk and go from there.

I do remember grating a generous amount of sharp Cheddar into the bowl of soup. Decided against that because of the grilled cheese sandwiches! :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom