"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 09-10-2004, 06:25 PM   #21
Certified Executive Chef

Favorite original recipe

I made a bonless stuffed chicken breast last night. It was stuffed with finely chopped fresh rosemary, lemon thyme, varigated sage, Italian parsley, crushed garlic and shallot. This was mixed with sofenend butter. I pounded the breast until it was 1/4" an placed all but about 1/4 tsb of the butter/herb mix in the center and added fresh gound 5-peppercorn pepper and rolled it and tucked the ends inside. I then mixed the remaining butter/herb mix with fine (homemade) breadcrumbs and patted on the top (the open side is placed down). I chilled this for about 30 minutes then placed in a baking pad with 1/2 acorn squash splattered with fresh ground pepper and then baked. When done I deglazed the baking pan with white vermouth and chicken stock and simmered until reduced and mixed in 1 tsp of better, stirred and poured over chicken. I added butter only to the squash cavity. I made a salad of romaine, black olives, radishes, raw carrots, broccli, caulflower, scallions, adn my homemade ranch. I enjoyed it. Since I do not measure, I hope I can remember what I did for next time.

:roll: GO DUCKS

Old 09-11-2004, 02:35 PM   #22
Senior Cook

I don't know if I "invented this", but I have been making this ever since I was allowed to use the stove, unsupervised....

Fried left-over spaghetti noodles - tossed with bread crumbs and diced dill pickles....until the noodles are crunchy.

It sounds awful, but jeepers-creepers, I LOVE IT!

Maybe I should post this to the comfort food subject...or leave well enough alone, before I get banned? LOL

Old 09-11-2004, 02:37 PM   #23
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetMeTheBigKnife
I don't know if I "invented this", but I have been making this ever since I was allowed to use the stove, unsupervised....

Fried left-over spaghetti noodles - tossed with bread crumbs and diced dill pickles....until the noodles are crunchy.

It sounds awful, but jeepers-creepers, I LOVE IT!

Maybe I should post this to the comfort food subject...or leave well enough alone, before I get banned? LOL
You get an A for creativity but you are now banned.
Old 09-11-2004, 02:56 PM   #24
Senior Cook

BangBang:

Did I ever tell you how much I love your signature? And it's true, once you think about it!
Old 09-11-2004, 03:00 PM   #25
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetMeTheBigKnife
BangBang:

Did I ever tell you how much I love your signature? And it's true, once you think about it!
I know.
Old 09-12-2004, 06:37 PM   #26
Assistant Cook

Well. the one that is the best I'm keeping secret for now, but the one that got me into a national contest is the luckiest!
Old 09-12-2004, 06:50 PM   #27
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by astro
Well. the one that is the best I'm keeping secret for now, but the one that got me into a national contest is the luckiest!
I would like to compete but I can't afford to travel unless I find a partner with money.
Old 09-12-2004, 07:25 PM   #28
Master Chef

my stuffed tuna steak.
mix seeded, diced tomato, crumbled blue cheese, a chiffonade of basil, and stuff into a slit cut into a tuna steak. season the steak with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. prop up w/ foil or skewer it shut and grill or broil. meanwhile, wilt some early-pick baby spinach till bright green in some olive oil and fresh garlic. season the spinach w/ seasalt and fresh-cracked black pepper, and plate. put the tuna steak over it and serve with something that contrasts nicely in color and texture.
i have several others but this is the one on my mind right now, yum. toasted walnuts can be thrown into the cheese/tomato mixture or added to the spinach. oh, and it's good if you pour just a drizzle of warm olive oil over the whole thing.
Old 09-12-2004, 09:21 PM   #29

sounds yummay norgeskog and luvs!

GetMe.. the jury is still out on yours... but as long as you enjoyed it
Old 09-12-2004, 09:30 PM   #30
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliev
sounds yummay norgeskog and luvs!

GetMe.. the jury is still out on yours... but as long as you enjoyed it
thanks! :D