"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 09-12-2013, 08:32 PM   #1
Executive Chef

What's the deal with the Thursday meal? Sept 12/2013

It's been a few days since I got to cook at home. Tonight was chicken with 40 cloves of garlic. Cheddar mashed and chopped veggies....

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	004.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	18619  

Old 09-12-2013, 08:46 PM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

I'm cooking supper right now as I type.
St Louis BBQ pork steak.

Old 09-12-2013, 08:52 PM   #3
Certified Pretend Chef

Leftover chicken rice casserole and green beans.
Old 09-12-2013, 09:10 PM   #4
Master Chef

DH is gone every week now so I'm alone most evenings. I cook on the weekends and then eat that the rest of the week. Tonight I really wasn't wanting any more jambalaya, salad, or egg drop soup. I've had some variation of all that for lunch and dinner all week. I ended up making grilled turkey and cheese sandwiches. I had some chips laying around so I make some ranch dip and called it supper tonight. Now I'll need to figure something out for lunch tomorrow.
Old 09-12-2013, 09:47 PM   #5
Sous Chef

I'm going to re-purpose the lemon chicken breasts from last night. Slice them up and add it to some spaghetti along with some shrimp. Toss in some grape tomato's right at the end and top with a generous amount of parmesan cheese.
Old 09-12-2013, 10:14 PM   #6
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I wanted a refried bean with cheese burrito, I ended up finishing Shrek's turkey salad in which he apparently had an accident with the celery seed...

I'm trying to work on a dinner menu of only veggie meals as I have plenty of protein with lunch. I'll try again tomorrow.
Old 09-12-2013, 11:04 PM   #7
Master Chef

Must-goes, so I can have room for new stuff when I grocery shop tomorrow. I finished the Shepard's Pie, Himself tucked into the leftover chicken enchiladas. Our "appetizer" tonight was beer sampling that the local beer/wine/spirits emporium had tonight (65 samples if you're a real lush) and we're both mellow enough to not really want to bother much with supper. STRONGLY recommend McKenzie's ciders if they are available in your area...and I am not a hard cider lover as a rule.
Old 09-13-2013, 12:25 AM   #8
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
We brought Shreddy to the vet. Then we brought him home and went out for supper. Went to Scarolie's Pasta Emporium - Pointe-Claire, QC Canada, it's pretty much our favourite Italian resto.

I had, "Capelli D'Angelo Pesto Di Pomodori Secchi E Portobello
Olive Oil, Pestao Sauce, Romano Cheese, Touche Of Cream, Sun Dried Tomatoes, Broccoli, Portobello Mushrooms, Roasted Pine Nuts", except I had it with whole wheat spaghetti."

It was wonderful, but I would leave out the broccoli - it didn't clash with the other ingredients, but it seemed sort of out of place.

Stirling had, "Lasagna Casalinga
Layers Of Pasta, Meat Sauce, Ricotta And Mozzarella Cheese".

He said it was good, but not as good as the lasagna he makes. I think he makes wonderful lasagna.

Stirling had strawberry cheesecake for dessert and I had tiramisu. Both very good. I brought home a doggy bag. One container of pasta and one of tiramisu, and I am stuffed.

I just noticed that they will serve half portions. I'll have to remember that next time.
Old 09-13-2013, 08:59 AM   #9
Executive Chef

'Twas cold and rainy here. I was outside in a lot of it at the house site working with the electrician regarding placement of outlets and detectors. I felt chilled to the bone, so was happy with the potato soup with a dollop of Kadesmas garlic sauce and sour cream.
Old 09-13-2013, 09:17 AM   #10
Chef Extraordinaire

We had leftovers. DH had Chinese boneless ribs and pork fried rice and I had a burger with sliced cucumbers and ranch dressing.