What's the dinner plan Stan? (Sun. 1/22)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yep LT. That's how I put up my chili too. Into bowls and then pop in the freezer for later meals. Actually everybody's Sunday dinners sound good.

I'm making slow braised beef short ribs on a big bed of sliced onions. Later I will make onion gravy and serve on mashed potatoes and jarred sauerkraut on the side.

I'm doing one of my "throw together" pasta dishes...some fresh sausage, pasta, black olives, goat's milk cheese, not sure what else I'll find in the fridge or the cupboard.
I ended up adding some mushrooms and tomatoes to the dish. The goat cheese melted...yum. (The sausage was the Andouille that I made...I didn't bother sending it through the 2nd time or casing it since it was going into this).

Attachments

• Sausage_pasta.JPG
    Sausage_pasta.JPG
    239.9 KB · Views: 177
Gonna make some burritos tonight. I have some diced up chicken breast in a dry rub of oregano, cumin, coriander, garlic, chipotle pepper, paprika, black pepper, salt and brown sugar. I'll cook that with some potatoes, carrots, poblano pepper, scallion, egg. I have a ripe avocado to dice up and the whole shebang will get wrapped up in flour tortillas.

I am making a small pizza and a big Manhattan!

I have enough stuff to make two pizzas. Have any of you tried making and freezing an uncooked pizza? I don't know if I should give it a try or just refrigerate the dough and make a small pan of rolls with the extra dough, later in the week.
I freeze pizza crusts (rolled out) all the time. I let them thaw and rise in the fridge, and then, I take them out and they continue to rise. I betcha wouldn't have had to ask the question if the concern was that you had double what you needed for a Manhattan;).

Everyones meals sound wonderful.

LuckyT - YUMMY!! I have never canned/put anything up. I wish I had room to do that.

I was inspired by LuckyT.

Baked stuffed shells (lots of cheese) and a tossed salad (red & green butter lettuce, shredded red cabbage, shaved carrots, sliced mushroom cap, vine tomato and black olives dressed with flax, canola and EVOO oils, red wine vinegar, sesame seeds, herbs and spices).

img_1099308_0_80cdb20e8b698fe89b7cca896b7524f2.jpg

Baked stuffed shells (lots of cheese) and a tossed salad (red & green butter lettuce, shredded red cabbage, shaved carrots, sliced mushroom cap, vine tomato and black olives dressed with flax, canola and EVOO oils, red wine vinegar, sesame seeds, herbs and spices).

img_1099309_0_80cdb20e8b698fe89b7cca896b7524f2.jpg
+1 Looks delish!

msmofet said:

Wonderful, MM!

Every time I see someone posts a pic of food, I get hungry. Even though I ate maybe 30 minutes ago. (I just had beefaroni. Not cooking today).

Last edited:
I freeze pizza crusts (rolled out) all the time. I let them thaw and rise in the fridge, and then, I take them out and they continue to rise. I betcha wouldn't have had to ask the question if the concern was that you had double what you needed for a Manhattan;).

I always keep a drop of the recipe on hand!

I had craving for meat blintzes for a while, thank G-d I really did not have to do anything today, so I spent time making crapes first and the the filling and finally the blintzes. Though they were not nearly as good as my grandmother's they were pretty darn good. I also made sushi and won ton soup. Non of witch really should be served together, but everything tasted so good so everybody were happy.

Pot roast, roasted garlic mashed potatoes, and green beans sauteed with garlic, oo, balsalmic, sea salt, and coarse fresh black pepper. Hmmmm, seems as if all my green veggies catch that combo, it just works for me!

Attachments

• Picture or Video 115.jpg
    Picture or Video 115.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 139
DH is cooking tonight. Pork Steak browned and simmered with onions in ????? boiled baby and/or fingerling spuds, and the dreaded (but we love) brussells sprouts. I bet he is making a green salad too.....he's the king of green salad :) I baked a loaf of garlic/onion dill bread yesterday so maybe some of that will make it to the plate. I am staying out of the kitchen, that is why the details of the meal are vague :chef:

Last edited:
lisaluvstocook said:
Pot roast, roasted garlic mashed potatoes, and green beans sauteed with garlic, oo, balsalmic, sea salt, and coarse fresh black pepper. Hmmmm, seems as if all my green veggies catch that combo, it just works for me!

Awesome, Lisa! Your dinner looks luscious, and am loving all that gravy!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom