What's the lunch wagon bringin' II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
PA Baker said:
luvs_food said:

Luvs, what are these like? I've seen them in Costco a lot lately but don't want to buy a whole bag of them until I know if I'll like them.

they're pretty good. :D the skin is sour like a plum's skin and the flesh is nice and sweet. they have a texture similar to that of a nectarine. the flavor is, for lack of a better word, fruity :roll: and has a floral hint to it.

Good question...
I think I'll
make some tomato soup
and add some cheddar cheese but, lunch is still
a few hours away so... I might change my mind.

luvs_food said:
PA Baker said:
luvs_food said:

Luvs, what are these like? I've seen them in Costco a lot lately but don't want to buy a whole bag of them until I know if I'll like them.

they're pretty good. :D the skin is sour like a plum's skin and the flesh is nice and sweet. they have a texture similar to that of a nectarine. the flavor is, for lack of a better word, fruity :roll: and has a floral hint to it.

I love pluots. I had my first one last year. I would agree with your assessment of a pluot, luvs. It was yummy!!

For lunch I had leftover beef barley soup, beer bread, a dill pickle, and iced tea.

probably special k and some strawberries. i have to go intp pgh. and i don't really have time to cook anything.

You may not want to hear of my lunch today, but here goes anyway. Took the large curd cottage cheese, mixed with taco seasoning, added cheddar cheese and chopped avacado and again used my blue corn chips. It was really good. I had some black beans in the fridge but forgot about them, or they would have been included.

i raided the fridge this morning and collected a bunch of containers of leftovers. so far, i'm having seaweed and eggdrop soup, lesiuer baby peas, bush's maple bacon baked beans, lamb roganjosh and rice, rice pilaf, corn, and pasta with meatballs.

oops, i guess the meatballs are out, and my dinner plans just changed. thanks for reminding me ronjohn.

buckytom said:
oops, i guess the meatballs are out, and my dinner plans just changed. thanks for reminding me ronjohn.

Yep, leave it to me to wreck people's dinner plans!! ;)

John

I made brunch today (up early and had coffee and raisin/nut toast) so no real breakfast or lunch. Made a strata with ww bagette slices, fresh sausage (made by TJ's), mushrooms, onions, garlic, chives, parsley, sharp cheddar and havarti and sprinkled hot red pepper flakes over the top. It was really good.

Back
Top Bottom