What's the lunch wagon bringin' II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Today I had a chicken fajita sandwich with crisscut fries and an iced tea.

A fajita sandwich is made with a traditional chicken, bellpepper, onion, and spice mixture. It is placed on a sourdough roll and sprinkled with cheddar cheese. Then it is placed under a broiler until the cheese melts. It is very yummy. :)

i had kitchen sink veggie soup with leftover sirlion, sauteed onions, mushrooms, a little baby-sized can of limas, carrots, celery, tomato sauce, beef base, herbs and garlic powder and pepper and noodles. it was quick and tasty. i had it with a roll w/ lots of butter. the mushrooms and onion were in baggies ready to use, 'cept i had to trim the mushrooms into smaller pcs. the noodles made it a little thicker than not.
too bad i didn't have barley to add to it instead.

Last edited:
Arby's roast beef with horsey sauce, curly fries and iced tea.

kadesma:rolleyes:

Erik said:
My son and I are going to have grilled cheese sandwiches, bananas, and red grapes.

To the simple pleasures of eating with a 2 1/2 year old!!!
Erik, I know whereof you speak. As the "MA" of a 4-1/2 a 11 month and a 7 week old grandsons..I'm well versed in pb and J..Grilled cheese, chicken nuggets and corn dogs:ROFLMAO: At least I get the 4 year old to eat my home made nuggets:LOL:
kadesma

Lunches have been boring lately, so I decided to vary my lunch by making some wraps. I bought a couple of varieties of wraps, greens, and meats. Today I had smoked turkey, green leaf lettuce, with a light smear of herbed cream cheese, drizzled with spicy ranch dressing and rolled in a jalapeno tortilla.

I went to Saks Fifth Avenue to help a friend try on wedding gowns since I use to be a bridal consultant there. We ate lunch at their cafe. I had a tuna salad sandwich on whole grain bread with a potato salad side. Can you believe the succer was $17.:ohmy:

SierraCook said:
I have two choices fried rice and egg drop soup or grilled polish sausages on sourdough bread and baked beans on the side. Too many choices. I am leaning towards the Polish Sausages.

My dad stopped by and had lunch. So, I had the Polish sausages. It was great to have lunch with Dad. Aren't families wonderful!

SierraCook said:
My dad stopped by and had lunch. So, I had the Polish sausages. It was great to have lunch with Dad. Aren't families wonderful!
SC,
YES,YES,YES, families are what it's all about. You can amass great amounts of money and things, but, they mean nothing without those we love and cherish.. I'm glad I hugged my kids and mom and DH today.
kadesma:)

I just finished the can of tomato soup I started on yesterday but I had a grilled cheese sandwich on french bread with fresh mozerella, tomatoes, basil, & prosciutto with it. After the sandwich was done, I rubbed the bread with a clove of garlic.

Haven't decided yet what is for lunch today.

Crewsk, does the rubbing w/ garlic actually render quite a bit of flavor? I've seen this done before, but never tried it. I love garlic and am too greedy so never liked the idea of just rubbing, and not eating the garlic!:LOL:

htc, yes it does. Most of the time I just use garlic butter but when making a grilled cheese, I tend to burn the garlic on at least one side of the bread.:rolleyes: This way you get the garlic flavor without chancing it burning. The more you rub it, the more flavor you get too.

I had a great grilled chicken wrap with ranch dressing.

HTC, I use crewsk's garlic rubbing method to make garlic bread, too, sometimes, and always do it when I make bruschetta. It does impart a great flavor.

I'm eating a crunchy, juicy Gala apple and some extra sharp cheddar cheese - yum! (and water)

I was at my school's band camp and we had sweet and sour chicken and rice with green salad and bread. At breakfast we had bacon and eggs YUM!

i can't decide, lol....my Mom went to a health fair at work and left a a big bag of stuff from it on the table for me. there's so much food to choose from but the thing i think i want to try is a dehydrated veggie blend w/ green beans, taro, carrots and what appears to be parsnips but may not be.
plus she brought home a ridiculous amount of literature, so i have something to read while i eat.
i love when my Mom goes to those seminars.

Back
Top Bottom