What's the lunch wagon bringin' II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
[quote="
we do have a cafeteria, but i am boycotting it. i have been for about 8 years now (i can hold a grudge forever. it keeps me warm :evil: ) i was in charge of catering a christmas party a few years back, and my boss didn't think i could cook or new how to cater from outside the building, so we catered thru the cafeteria. they royally screwed us on the price and then the amount of food, so we have never used them again. i personally do not even so much as buy soda from them now.
fortunately, my boss retired, and now i cater half of the food for the party, and cook the other half. it's funny when my old boss comes back and raves about the food.[/quote]

Good for you! I've been boycotting Nestle for more years than I want to think about--and a whole bunch more years than I ought to have had to--because of their marketing practices in third world countries.

As for your old boss, I'm laughing right along with you. Somebody once told me that revenge is a dish best eaten cold. :LOL: :LOL:

thanks leigh. it makes me happy to see my old boss eat crow. (although crow is not very coomon for christmas. goose is more appropriate! :D )

i had the calamari imbotiti (stuffed squid) that i made last night. it was even better today, which surprised me. fish isn't usually good for leftovers. but since it seemed a little lacking, i tossed in a handful of red pepper flakes just before i put it in tupperware for today. that did the trick. i will post the recipe under the fish thread now.

Lunch is still a few hours away but, I think I'll have
a handful of mini-peppers, cherry tomatoes, a few slices of cucumber and a fat free/sugar free jello.

lunch: sliced cucumbers & carrot sticks w/ home made white bean hummus (beans, garlic powder, tahini, lemon juice & green onions) & a small container of yogurt

I'm on one of my occasional diets - I don't like to let myself get above 112lbs, but at the same time I like to ENJOY Christmas and all that yummy food and choccies.....so I have about 3 or 4 lbs to lose now LOL! Therefore, lunch for the next couple of weeks will be 'Lean Cuisines', with wholemeal toast or oatmeal for breakfast (when I eat breakfast!) and a very slightly reduced portion of 'normal' food for dinner - whatever I've cooked, or whatever I've chosen if we're eating out. Chocolate is only allowed while I'm on a cleaning binge (because I burn off the calories as soon as I eat them ;) for the next couple of weeks too :D

Paint.

I had a tuna salad sandwich made with mayo, lemon zest, celery, onions, chives on 12 grain whole wheat bread with chips and three green olives, two stuffed with almonds, the other still had the pit and in a GARLIC brine. Desert was a breath mint.

Today I was doing some shopping (trader joe's again) so went to a local joint for a juicy, big fat cheeseburger with fries and lemonade. OHHHHHH was it ever good. It was not that one where they say it needs to get all over your face.

I went to lunch at one of the local restaurants, Gumba's, with my mom and brother. I had a hamburger with BBQ sauce, onion rings, mushrooms, and Monterey jack cheese on sourdough bread roll with waffle fries on the side.

SierraCook said:
I went to lunch at one of the local restaurants, Gumba's, with my mom and brother. I had a hamburger with BBQ sauce, onion rings, mushrooms, and Monterey jack cheese on sourdough bread roll with waffle fries on the side.

Burger and waffles :shock:

Bangbang said:
SierraCook said:

Burger and waffles :shock:

Bang, they are waffle fries, some folks may also know them by the name of crisscut fries. Anyways, they were yummy. :)

Back
Top Bottom