What's the lunch wagon bringin' II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hot fruit soup and a rice krispies treat. yum.
35.gif

OMG my daughter and I and two of her bridesmaids went to lunch today at a new Thai restaurant, Sweet Basil, and WOW was it great. I had what they called Lucky Ginger, it was chicken breast with several different wild mushrooms, scallions all in a spicy gingery sauce with another seasoning I could not figure out, and Jasmine rice in the shape of a star with black rice on top and then more rice in the shape of a quarter moon, all garnished with a basil leaf and artistic floral appearing carrot. I ate the whole thing. That place is on our list. Now I have to try to dupicalte the recipe for home use. I have a Thai cookbook but I doubt that recipe would be in it.

norgeskog said:
OMG my daughter and I and two of her bridesmaids went to lunch today at a new Thai restaurant, Sweet Basil, and WOW was it great. I had what they called Lucky Ginger, it was chicken breast with several different wild mushrooms, scallions all in a spicy gingery sauce with another seasoning I could not figure out, and Jasmine rice in the shape of a star with black rice on top and then more rice in the shape of a quarter moon, all garnished with a basil leaf and artistic floral appearing carrot. I ate the whole thing. That place is on our list. Now I have to try to dupicalte the recipe for home use. I have a Thai cookbook but I doubt that recipe would be in it.

We're coming up on lunchtime now. I was going to cook some fried rice, for some unknown reason I now feel totally NOT hungry. :LOL: :LOL:

Probably just make some inside out sandwiches (fry toasted cheese). :oops:

Brooksy said:
norgeskog said:

We're coming up on lunchtime now. I was going to cook some fried rice, for some unknown reason I now feel totally NOT hungry. :LOL: :LOL:

Probably just make some inside out sandwiches (fry toasted cheese). :oops:

Not hungry because nothing sounds this good or this really sounded bad. :LOL:

EDIT BY NORGE: the best part of the meal was that lunch is only $6.25

Sounds brilliant!

Sorta makes you feel inadequate. :cry: :cry: :cry:

The price is incredible, almost robbery. On conversion, that's about $10 our money & comparable meals here are priced about double that.

my Dad has a pork roast, red potatoes, and sauerkraut with lots of black pepper on it in the oven as i type. it smells delicious. i like to dip my potatoes into malt vinegar. can't wait till it's done! :D

I took Paul grocery shopping with me yesterday...

He picked out almost 60 dollars worth of cheese and lunch meats.
He'll have a large plate of that stuff. I'll have a few pieces of meat
and some raw veggies. :D

Brooksy said:
Sounds brilliant!

Sorta makes you feel inadequate. :cry: :cry: :cry:

The price is incredible, almost robbery. On conversion, that's about $10 our money & comparable meals here are priced about double that.

That was lunch, the dinners were $11 and above, but they are so beautifully presented, almost just wanted to stare at it for a while to figure it out.

I had to make a run to Trader Joe's today and changed purses and found a ticket stub from the last DUCK football game I attended, and guess what, on the back was a coupon for a FREE $6 million dollar burger from Carl's, and guess what, there is a Carl's in the same strip mall as TJ's, so I had that, fries and lemonade. I am stuffed, but it was good but not as good as they advertise it to be.

I went to lunch with a friend of mine at a restaurant in Reno, NV called Woo Chon. I had beef bulgogi, rice, asian slaw, miso soup, and green tea. :D

norgeskog, I went to Trader Joe's today, also. It is my favorite store. They are a great store for buying lunch stuff.

Since I went shopping, yesterday and have a fridge stuffed with food, I am having wrap for lunch. I have garlic herb tortillas which I will spread with herb cream cheese, and layers of salami, herbed smoked turkey, and lettuce.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom