What's the matter with the clothes I wear? It's still rockin' dinner to me! 8/11/13

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dawgluver

Chef Extraordinaire
I made mushroom soup a couple weeks ago that was gone in 60 seconds. Trying to replicate it tonight, as DH fondly remembers it, and specifically requested it again. Thankfully, I put the basics in the My Recipe Box app. Otherwise, I would have no idea how I made it.

Last edited:
I made mushroom soup a couple weeks ago that was gone in 60 seconds. Trying to replicate it tonight, as DH fondly remembers it, and specifically requested it again. Thankfully, I put the basics in the My Recipe Box app. Otherwise, I would have no idea how I made it.

Glad you thought ahead Dawg! I should take a lesson from you. Hubby often says "can we have this again?" and then I quickly write it down, otherwise it's never filed in these memory banks.
I think we're doing a Tri Tip on the barby tonight but have yet to think of what else.

We're having whole chicken cooked on the rotisserie. I pull the skin away from the beast and put several sprigs of fresh rosemary and lots of slivers of garlic there, as well as in the cavity. Sides will be baked Vidalia onions, which are whole peeled onions, with a "well" scooped out of the root end with a melon baller. In the well I put a tablespoon of butter and a whole beef bouillon cube. Barely cover the bottom of the pan with water, cover and bake for about an hour at 350F. Green veggie will be steamed Italian green beans. Nice cold iced tea to wash it all down and, for dessert, a big bowl of homemade orange sherbert.

A melody of cold salads with fresh from the garden corn on the cob. The pork loin will have to wait until tomorrow.

What a wonderful memory this brings. You kids run out to the garden and bring back some corn on the cob for dinner. And don't dawdle. Said mom as she put a big kettle water on the stove to start heating. It's hard enough these days to find fresh corn that's hasn't been sitting in the grocer's produce section too long and even if you drive by a farm or farm stand, it's not always super fresh,though pretty fresh. Fresh picked = just right.

I have some fresh made pesto and some chicken strips and linguini and some fresh veggies to stir together for a main dish salad. Sliced peaches on ice cream for later.

What a wonderful memory this brings. You kids run out to the garden and bring back some corn on the cob for dinner. And don't dawdle. Said mom as she put a big kettle water on the stove to start heating. It's hard enough these days to find fresh corn that's hasn't been sitting in the grocer's produce section too long and even if you drive by a farm or farm stand, it's not always super fresh,though pretty fresh. Fresh picked = just right.

I have some fresh made pesto and some chicken strips and linguini and some fresh veggies to stir together for a main dish salad. Sliced peaches on ice cream for later.

DH will get some more fresh corn from a colleague's kid's 4H project tomorrow. Looking forward to it!

The corn around here just got it's tassels...we still have a couple of weeks for farm fresh.

Chicken and sausage gumbo.

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 162
Last night's ham tasted so good I want rewinds! (<My homage to cassette players/recorders in tribute to today's theme ;) ) Craving basic mac and cheese with a twist - and not sausage, mushrooms and stuff pacanis :D - but don't want to put the ham in the mac and cheese. As of right now, that is. Of course, the ubiquitous tossed salad. Bought a huge bag of mixed baby greens, so Himself will just have to deal with what he calls "frou-frou salad". :LOL:

I had mac n cheese with Tabasco and bacon for lunch.

Dinner will be penne with tomato sauce, meatballs and sausage. It's one of grandson's favorites.

Ended up making two casserole dishes of mac and cheese, using bits and bobs of cheeses to use up the little pieces, with about 5 oz of sharp cheddar being the big chunk. Made one with ham and one without. We had the one with tonight, along with big salads full of good things like bacon and egg and lots of different veggie add-ins. Basically, salad was dinner with a side of ham mac&cheese. :yum:

I'm saving the second dish for later in the week when Himself will grill something. And then I should have lots of leftovers of all kinds of stuff. :)

Back
Top Bottom