What's the Meal, Neil? Wednesday March 14/12

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Do tell LP. When you "crust" the fish is the quinoa uncooked before cooking it on the fish? And is it then fried? I am very interested in the recipe.

Enjoy your meal and visit!!

I'll post the recipe, and hopefully pictures, tomorrow when I do it. I have only done it once before and don't have a recipe per say so I need to do it again and write it down. But yes, uncooked and toasted.

Your meal, by the way looks great as usual. Love the novelty pasta shapes - they hold the sauce so well!

Pizza with DH's family was great. It was my first time with them since Christmas and my BIL's first birthday since his wife and kids left (very sad story) so it was nice to share his day with him.

Mini wagon wheel pasta topped with tomato sauce and fresh grated romano & parmesan cheeses. Mixed salad (red & green butter lettuce, red & green shredded cabbage, grated carrot, black olives, vine tomato and sliced mushroom caps) dressed with Good Seasons Basil dressing (dressing packet, EVOO, flax seed oil, canola oil, apple cider vinegar, and red wine vinegar) McCormick Perfect Pinch and toasted sesame seeds.

img_1119611_0_5733af350eb5e87162c37bd59d3259a4.jpg

yes, oh yes, yes-yes-YESS! msm, your dishes so rock!:yum::)

msmofet said:
Mini wagon wheel pasta topped with tomato sauce and fresh grated romano & parmesan cheeses. Mixed salad (red & green butter lettuce, red & green shredded cabbage, grated carrot, black olives, vine tomato and sliced mushroom caps) dressed with Good Seasons Basil dressing (dressing packet, EVOO, flax seed oil, canola oil, apple cider vinegar, and red wine vinegar) McCormick Perfect Pinch and toasted sesame seeds.

Gorgeous, MsM!

Grilled burgers, toasted buns, then slathered with mayo and topped with grilled onion slices and just a drizzle of Famous Dave's BBQ sauce, Original. I ate 2 burgers. Double Yum. Celery stix and a crunchy dill pickle.

It ended up being too hot to make the long put off tomato soup. We ended up buying stuff at the store to make deli sandwiches. I'm not sure what James had (probably ham and/or turkey, with Swiss or another kind of cheese, and tomato), but I had Cajun roast beef with pepperjack cheese and tomatoes on a whole wheat sandwich roll. It was so late I forgot to slice an onion. There was lettuce (which we both love), but neither of us ended up taking any. It was definitely a day for cold food. :yum:

I'll post the recipe, and hopefully pictures, tomorrow when I do it. I have only done it once before and don't have a recipe per say so I need to do it again and write it down. But yes, uncooked and toasted.

Your meal, by the way looks great as usual. Love the novelty pasta shapes - they hold the sauce so well!

Pizza with DH's family was great. It was my first time with them since Christmas and my BIL's first birthday since his wife and kids left (very sad story) so it was nice to share his day with him.

yes, oh yes, yes-yes-YESS! msm, your dishes so rock!:yum::)

Gorgeous, MsM!
Thank you LP, Vit and DL.

I can't wait to see the recipe LP. I have red, white and black quinoa and have been looking for new ways to use it.

Back
Top Bottom