What's the Meal, Neil? Wednesday March 14/12

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
Still contemplating, but I think I'm going to go get a cute little chicken out of the freezer, brine and roast. There are potatoes, carrots and onions screaming to jump in the pan too. Salad to be named later and dessert will be whatever I decide to bake. I've really been in a pound cake mood lately but my family might be tired of that. I'm going to go putter in a bit and see what my cookbooks reveal.

Today´s lunch was: A Taormina, Sicilian Seabass fish soup and oven warmed bread, and an Arugula leaf green salad afterwards as a digestive with olive oil extra virgin 100% hojiblanca olives and rasberry vinegar ... and a glass of white wine and a bottle of San Pelligrino sparkling water.
Margi.

I'm anxious to try out Dave's recipe for Yorkshire Chicken today. I have two large leg portions I'll use instead of a whole cut up chicken, but won't cut down on the batter.
I'll post a picture if it turns out as pretty as I hope.:chef:

I was going to try a quinoa crusted red snapper with a citrus veloute sauce. But My MIL called and invited us over for homemade pizza in honour of DH's brother's birthday. Hey and I just happen to be knee deep in chocolate cupcakes. I will have my own set of taste testers and a ready made birthday cake! :)

Well it is in the 70's here today so I am going to grill some pork chops...first for the year...

Start your Webbers and let the grilling season begin!!!!

Well it is in the 70's here today so I am going to grill some pork chops...first for the year...

Start your Webbers and let the grilling season begin!!!!
I am going to have a horrible summer in that sense. I have been separated since last summer and we agreed that my wife would remain in the house.....with the yard......and the bbq.....and the smoker.....and the fire pit...:(

We have been blessed with an early spring which NEVER happens in this part of the country , all of the snow is gone!!! I won't be cooking any meat in the house until the snow flies again ( which may be next week with our luck). Tonight will be grilled chicken breast and broccoli

I was going to try a quinoa crusted red snapper with a citrus veloute sauce. But My MIL called and invited us over for homemade pizza in honour of DH's brother's birthday. Hey and I just happen to be knee deep in chocolate cupcakes. I will have my own set of taste testers and a ready made birthday cake! :)
Do tell LP. When you "crust" the fish is the quinoa uncooked before cooking it on the fish? And is it then fried? I am very interested in the recipe.

Enjoy your meal and visit!!

Mini wagon wheel pasta topped with tomato sauce and fresh grated romano & parmesan cheeses. Mixed salad (red & green butter lettuce, red & green shredded cabbage, grated carrot, black olives, vine tomato and sliced mushroom caps) dressed with Good Seasons Basil dressing (dressing packet, EVOO, flax seed oil, canola oil, apple cider vinegar, and red wine vinegar) McCormick Perfect Pinch and toasted sesame seeds.

img_1119486_0_5733af350eb5e87162c37bd59d3259a4.jpg

Shake n' Bake chicken thighs. I mixed the pork S&B with panko to cut down on the saltiness, and smeared the skinless thighs with mayo to make it stick.

I have a package of quinoa to try. I wanted to toast it first, but I found out that it's a mix and not just quinoa and I don't want to ruin it.

Spinach salad, wilted with a warm bacon/walnut dressing, roasted redskin potatoes and Danish blue cheese. Grilled ribeye as a side.

Back
Top Bottom