What's the menu plan Stan for Monday 8/13, 2012?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay.. I like mine with basil, evoo, and some balsamic vinegar, pinch of salt.

Steaks are going on the grill in 30 minutes - :ohmy:
LOTS of fresh basil, EVOO, fresh garlic, sea salt and ground pepper. YUM!

Last edited:
Hoot said:
Today is Mrs Hoot's birthday!
I asked her if she wanted anything special. She looked at me with them brown eyes and said..."Well......I was thinkin' we could go over to the Mayflower in Roanoke Rapids."
So be it!

Have fun at the Mayflower, and a big Happy Birthday to Mrs. Hoot!

Kylie1969 said:
That sounds lovely Deb...how is buffalo chicken made?

It's cubed chicken breast marinated in buffalo sauce (mix of tobasco and melted butter), in the casserole I roast cubed potatoes tossed in the buffalo sauce then top them with the chicken, shredded cheddar, crumbled bacon, green onion and bake until cooked through. Top with a sauce of horseradish sour cream. Very decadent, but fine in moderation.

Mrs Hoot told me to tell everyone thanks for the birthday wishes. As it turns out, we will be postponing our excursion to Roanoke Rapids til the weekend, when we won't feel so rushed to get back home because of work requirements. So tonight it will ham and dumplings, green beans, and homemade brownies for dessert.

It was going to be some form of leftovers here tonight, too. I was going to take the leftover green beans, onions and slivered almonds that I sauteed in bacon grease for last night's dinner (steak) and add some rice to it... then I took out some pork loins to possible BBQ... and finally I decided to make a variation of Alix's pork and rice dish again. So that meant a trip to the store for a pepper, snow peas and some shrooms.
So yeah, pork stir-fry here tonight, too :D

Yikes! It is 7:19 p.m. and I haven't even thought of supper yet! We actually had a late and very filling lunch of scrambled eggs and link sausage and are not hungry yet. I will make something with ground beef, tomatoes, onion, garlic, and ??? Guess I should get it started sometime soon. :D

Attachments

• DSC00731.jpg
    DSC00731.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 169

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom