What's the most bogus thing in your cupboard, freezer, or refrigerator

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I really should wait a week to post this..because the products aren't actually in the house yet, but they will be.

My son has requested this dip thing for superbowl sunday. It's made by putting a layer of hormel canned chili in the bottom of a baking dish. Then, topping that with cream cheese, and then topping that with velveeta cheese.

I'm embarrassed to actually make the purchase. I'd rather buy some personal hygiene product than canned chili!

I guess the most bogus...er scary thing in our cupboard/freezer/refrigerator is a can of "Kelly's Pork Brains in Milk." Although, I have to defend myself by saying it's there for shock value when our Yankee relatives visit. The current can is several years old by now. It'll be time to replace it soon.:LOL:

I guess the most bogus...er scary thing in our cupboard/freezer/refrigerator is a can of "Kelly's Pork Brains in Milk." Although, I have to defend myself by saying it's there for shock value when our Yankee relatives visit. The current can is several years old by now. It'll be time to replace it soon.:LOL:

i absolutely have to go and google this....i can't even begin to explain what it sounds like to me LOLLLL :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

what da?
:LOL:

boxes of jello from some previous century of history...I don't buy that kind of stuff...wait my partner is from Minnesota..hmmmmmm...don't they call that salad up there??

because i am at work anything and everything is blocked by IT people (why they haven't blocked DC is beyond me - touch wood)
but in a google search i saw as part of the blurb of the website (which i couldn't access):

[SIZE=-1]"Yes - that’s right, a single serving of pork brain in milk gravy has 3500 mg of cholesterol or 1170% of the daily recommended intake!"

is that tru?

i have never in my life heard of pork brain in milk lol - might give mea shock too if i visited u Katie E LOLLL

[/SIZE]

because i am at work anything and everything is blocked by IT people (why they haven't blocked DC is beyond me - touch wood)
but in a google search i saw as part of the blurb of the website (which i couldn't access):

[SIZE=-1]"Yes - that’s right, a single serving of pork brain in milk gravy has 3500 mg of cholesterol or 1170% of the daily recommended intake!"

is that tru?

i have never in my life heard of pork brain in milk lol - might give mea shock too if i visited u Katie E LOLLL

[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Okay...after wiping the dust off the can, which is 5.5 oz, it says there is 1 serving per can. Nutrition facts:

Calories: 150
Fat: 45 calories
Sodium: 550 mg
Carbohydrates: 19 g
Protein: 16 g
Cholesterol: 3500 mg
Vitamin A: 0%
Vitamin C: 10%
Calcium: 0%
Iron: 10%
Not a significant source of fiber and sugar.

Well, heck, doesn't this sound yummy! You can see how my northern relatives might want to run away.

Oh, by the way, I always tell them that I'm going to add the brains to scrambled eggs cooked with butter. You think there's enough cholesterol in those meals to kill off someone.:wacko::ROFLMAO:
[/SIZE]

I'm very embarrassed to admit that my whole pantry is pretty bogus! At the moment:
a huge box of Ramen packages
8 cans of mini-raviolis
4 cans of Spam
6 or 7 boxes of Kraft mac & cheese
lots of Campbell's chicken noodle and also tomato soups
5 cans jellied cranberry sauce
and lots of other bogus stuff that my kids are still addicted to. But there is also 20qt containers of flour for baking, lots of fresh fruit on the counters, and the fridge is full of fresh veggies, meats and even a home made tiramisu. We're definitely trying to come away from the dark side but we still have a long way to go.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom