What's the plan, Sam? Dinner, Wed, 11/12/14

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
I'm determined to make enchilada's today since I've been procrastinating for several days. Hmmm, now to decide what kind, as we like all kinds and I have everything I need. I know for sure we'll have Spanish Rice with them, although maybe we'll have Mexican rice. No beans though as neither of us like them much. Sheesh, I'll let you all know when dinner's over. :chef:

What's the plan at your house today?

Last edited:
What's the plan, Sam? Dinner, wed, 11/12/14

I boiled up some chicken breasts I spelunked from the freezer this morning. We had corn, mashed potatoes, McCormick's country gravy and chicken for lunch. There were (barely) enough leftovers to mix together, along with some freshly made chicken broth, for some nice chicken corn chowder tonight.

Last edited:
I'm making a casserole using up some broccoli soup, jazzed and thickened with more melted cheeses, a rinsed can of tuna, and whole wheat noodles. I'm topping the casserole with fried onions.

Pulled some leftover brisket Bourguignone out this morning. I'll probably have that with bow tie pasta. GF has a bad migrane. She is not interested in dinner. I ate a late lunch at work so I may just have a couple of beers and a hockey game.....

I had to stop at the grocery for some milk and fruit. They were just pulling some of their fried chicken out of the fryer so I picked up an 8-piece deal with macaroni salad.

I did an improv kind of pork risotto (from some leftover belly of pork). Made a sauce with onion, garlic, fennel seeds, carrots, cooked beetroots, flower sprouts (sprouts gone to flowers), veg. stock, tomato puree + harissa. Chopped the pork into this and combined all into cooked brown basmati rice. It was interesting.
Didn't think to take a photo...was quite attractive.

Last edited:
I was out all day running errands, etc. in the "big city" and came home around 4 p.m. I'd already planned to take out a tray of stuffed peppers I'd put by this summer for just such a busy day.

We had those, ate the whole tray of 4 generously-stuffed halves, along with some buttered peas, iced tea and the last of the peach pie.

Put a fork in us, we're "done.":)

Well, the enchilada's tonight were really worth waiting for.

For the filling I had about 2 cups of smoked pulled pork from Costco (excellent btw).

With saute onion and red bell pepper, a can of diced green chili's, cumin, Mex oregano and cheese, it made a great filling for the corn tortillas.

Topped it all with TJ's enchilada sauce mixed with cheddar cheese soup, sliced black olives, and more cheese on top. Served them with cilantro and sliced green onion.
Spanish rice completed the plate.

We had a long day and the vote was for Chinese take-out. Beef Broccoli, Orange Chicken, Egg Foo Yung, Char Siu fried noodles and some fried wonton's with spicy mustard / shoyu sauce for dipping. Then some tums. =o)

Finally got around to taking a pic of dinner. This is the pepper steak with mushrooms we had for dinner.

I don't spend a lot of time on presentation so food fotos are scarce.

Attachments

• DSC04643.jpg
    DSC04643.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 178

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom