What's the plan Stan? Dinner for Mon. 7/30/18

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
SC scored some sale frozen shrimp at the market so we're having Tajin' shrimp skewers and a basket of marinated veggies on the grill.

What say you?

Last edited:
Leftover smoked ribs from yesterday at the doghouse tonight. That, and fresh cantaloupe and strawberries. Those two fruits are not going to be good for much longer, so I have to eat them while I can.

CD

Grilled a London Broil.. LB on garlic roll...

39817-albums960-picture7546.jpg
[/IMG]

I grilled chicken thighs with Penzeys 33rd and Galena Seasoning, along with pasta and tossed salads.

Salad with my homegrown grape toms and peppers, a bit of ice cream for dessert.

I brought home some Chinese BBQ pork to have for supper. Chef John has a recipe for Chinese BBQ pork that you put in little dough bags and bake, but I thought I'd just make the meat part and put it over rice.

Thing is, it's so hot, I really don't feel like eating again. I baked a small pizza for lunch and I think that's all I feel like. Fortunately, it's supposed to be cooling down tomorrow and the wind is already from the south and blowing hard. So maybe tomorrow I can start stuffing my face again.

On the other hand, with this heat, I feel like I've lost a pound or so.

I brought home some Chinese BBQ pork to have for supper. Chef John has a recipe for Chinese BBQ pork that you put in little dough bags and bake, but I thought I'd just make the meat part and put it over rice.

Thing is, it's so hot, I really don't feel like eating again. I baked a small pizza for lunch and I think that's all I feel like. Fortunately, it's supposed to be cooling down tomorrow and the wind is already from the south and blowing hard. So maybe tomorrow I can start stuffing my face again.

On the other hand, with this heat, I feel like I've lost a pound or so.

According to Weather Underground, it got up to 87F where you live today. You would starve in Texas is you couldn't eat when it is hot. 87F is October weather here. :ohmy:

Fresh fruits and veggies, salads and food cooked outside on the grill is how you eat well when it is hot. Eat light -- no soups and stews. Don't bake anything. Leave your oven off.

Take advantage of the heat. Eat light, and yes, you can lose some weight while enjoying good food.

Where you live, I'm thinking some fresh fish on the grill. That and some fresh veggies would be a great meal on a hot day.

CD

Salads with baby greens and veggies, his and hers Naan bread pizzas. Himself had red sauce, pepperoni, suntan pepper, mushrooms, red onion. Mine had white sauce, arugula, black olives, tomato, mushrooms, suntan pepper. Fresh mozz on top - so melty. And gone. :yum: No pics.

According to Weather Underground, it got up to 87F where you live today. You would starve in Texas is you couldn't eat when it is hot. 87F is October weather here. :ohmy:

Fresh fruits and veggies, salads and food cooked outside on the grill is how you eat well when it is hot. Eat light -- no soups and stews. Don't bake anything. Leave your oven off.

Take advantage of the heat. Eat light, and yes, you can lose some weight while enjoying good food.

Where you live, I'm thinking some fresh fish on the grill. That and some fresh veggies would be a great meal on a hot day.

CD

The thing is Casey, you must not be aware of RT's living conditions.
A tiny apartment without any AC, and no access to the outdoors at all sure limits the options you mentioned. Jes sayin...

We were hungry at noon Monday so I put together a batch of tuna salad and considered that our main meal of the day..

Come to think of it, on average, I'm down to putting together only 3 or 4 complete meals per week.. Seems to work for us..

Ross

We had country-style pork ribs braised in apple cider, apple cider vinegar, chicken stock, and mirepoix, plus mashed potatoes and green beans.

Back
Top Bottom