"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 11-09-2007, 02:51 PM   #1
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
What's the weekly menu for 11/11-11/17?

Thought this thread would give us an idea on what weakly dinner possibilities we can all share. I plan to make some wonderful meals from my Cuisine at Home mag I received some time last year.
1. Parmesan crusted chicken with sage butter sauce and roasted potatoes
2. Gremolata Roast beef and mashed potatoes and gravy
3. Asian lime ribs with cucumbers and mint vinaigrette
4. Sesame tuna with ginger-soy vinaigrette and sauteed mustard greens
5. Sun-dried tomato crusted chicken with feta couscous and buttered asparagus
6. Japanese steak rolls with garlic lime rice

I wish you all could see these pics on the magazine. They are scrumptious. I'd be glad to share any recipes you're interested in.

What are your dinner plans for next week?

Old 11-09-2007, 03:10 PM   #2
Everymom

Gads! Dina, you are way more organized than I am. I can barely decide from day to day what we're having. The best I can do is say that next week we will be having:

ribs (pork)
chicken breast
hamburger
non meat (either pasta or potato based)
salmon
beef

Other than that, I'm done. I just try not to have the same meat two days in a row. LOL.

Old 11-09-2007, 04:41 PM   #3
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
Gads! Dina, you are way more organized than I am. I can barely decide from day to day what we're having. The best I can do is say that next week we will be having:

ribs (pork)
chicken breast
hamburger
non meat (either pasta or potato based)
salmon
beef

Other than that, I'm done. I just try not to have the same meat two days in a row. LOL.
Just decided we needed some variation of flavors for dinner. That's all. It's amazing how these recipes sound fancy but they're really easy and inexpensive.
Old 11-09-2007, 04:56 PM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dina View Post
Thought this thread would give us an idea on what weakly dinner possibilities we can all share. I plan to make some wonderful meals from my Cuisine at Home mag I received some time last year.
1. Parmesan crusted chicken with sage butter sauce and roasted potatoes
2. Gremolata Roast beef and mashed potatoes and gravy
3. Asian lime ribs with cucumbers and mint vinaigrette
4. Sesame tuna with ginger-soy vinaigrette and sauteed mustard greens
5. Sun-dried tomato crusted chicken with feta couscous and buttered asparagus
6. Japanese steak rolls with garlic lime rice

I wish you all could see these pics on the magazine. They are scrumptious. I'd be glad to share any recipes you're interested in.

What are your dinner plans for next week?
Dina,
oh how I wished I were more organized..But I'm NOT I've tried making a list, but find I cannot stick to it..I like the recipe ideas you've put up here and except for the salmon would try all of them...and would love any recipe you would care to send...Your idea of planning ahead is great.
For me it would be hard as I'm tied up 3 days a week so on those days I need easy and quick unless I do some of the prep the day before..
I'm more like Alix, have chicken, pork, beef, some tuna, ribs,pasta, beans and just usually go from there as the fancy strikes me.
Nice thread idea.
kades
Old 11-09-2007, 05:12 PM   #5
Assistant Cook

I haven't planned it out too much but I do know a couple of things that we will be having next week since my family has requested them.
Masaman chicken curry
Taco salads - I just realized that I can make my own taco salad shells in my deep fryer.
Chicken Marsala
Real Reason - There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here: to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good. (Storypeople.com)
JenMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 07:38 PM   #6
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
For years I've kept a calendar, with 2-inch squares for each day, on my kitchen wall with our menus noted. Usually 3 months of menus. This was borne of necessity when the children were home and we were feeding the "masses." I just kept doing it and it's been great to plan my grocery list.

So the coming week's entrees will be:

11-11 Roast beef cooked in foil
11-12 Not cooking. Buck will be out for his Lions Club meeting.
11-13 Macaroni and Cheese
11-14 Sweet and Sour Chicken
11-15 New England Clam Chowder
11-16 Savory Beef Short Rib
11-17 Baked Ham Slice with Red Cabbage

I always try to make sure we have a variety of beef, pork, poultry, meatless, etc. every week. I love this time of the year and can't wait to make black bean soup. Yum!
Old 11-09-2007, 08:36 PM   #7
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
Dina,
oh how I wished I were more organized..But I'm NOT I've tried making a list, but find I cannot stick to it..I like the recipe ideas you've put up here and except for the salmon would try all of them...and would love any recipe you would care to send...Your idea of planning ahead is great.
For me it would be hard as I'm tied up 3 days a week so on those days I need easy and quick unless I do some of the prep the day before..
I'm more like Alix, have chicken, pork, beef, some tuna, ribs,pasta, beans and just usually go from there as the fancy strikes me.
Nice thread idea.
kades
Kadesma,
Just tell me which recipes you'd like and I'd be glad to post.
Old 11-10-2007, 01:12 AM   #8
Executive Chef

I'll be having garlic s&p squid with a watermelon and citrus salad (thanks to Kitchenelf!) tonight all being well and scotch fillet with pak choy in oyster sauce with a potato in jacket tomorrow. I am out to lunch on Monday and Wednesday so will wait and see what gives for those days. Tuesday, the water is being cut off for "maintenance" so it might be sandwiches if the water is still running brown by dinner time. I picked up some tortellini this morning so that will probably happen sometime during the week. I also grabbed a couple of duck legs from the deli to have with salad but they have a long shelf-life so I might hang on to them. I don't really like to plan too far ahead but rather have a stack of ingredients available to take me to where I feel my tastebuds want to go.
Old 11-10-2007, 07:56 PM   #9
Executive Chef

This one is number 1 on my list: Parmesan crusted chicken with sage butter sauce and roasted potatoes with herbs and sauteed kale flavored with ham and garlic. This was truly some delicious chicken with parmesan, herbs and lemon flavors.

Old 11-11-2007, 12:40 AM   #10
Executive Chef

Yum, that parm chicken sounds good!
I've made something similar (I think). It was chicken or pork chops breaded in a panko/parm/sage mixture. Seared and then finished in the oven for 15 minutes. Very moist and tasty.

Don't know what we're having this week. I'll be making lasagna tomorrow. It'll have spicy sausage, mushrooms, spinach and fresh mozz in it. I'm looking forward to it but it's a lot of prep. Will be having leftovers for some of the week, that's for sure!