"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 02-16-2012, 01:59 PM   #1
Everymom

What's to eat, Pete? Feb 16/12

I've got an itty bitty chicken thawing. I can't decide how I'm going to do it yet. Rubbed, roasted, beer butt, stuffed with lemon and onion...but its going to be roasted either in the oven or on the BBQ.

Sides are as yet undetermined as well. I am going to the market so I'll maybe get some asparagus, I like that with chicken. There will be a big salad and likely potatoes instead of rice or pasta. If I ask my kids they will ask for mashed potatoes, so I'm not asking! I might roast them with some garlic and onions.

Dessert is shortbread, and possibly a pound cake if I get my rear in gear. I've got some berries to use up as a topping so I need a bottom!

Old 02-16-2012, 02:10 PM   #2
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
...I've got some berries to use up as a topping so I need a bottom!
I'll just leave that alone and tell you SO is working late so I'll be eating Valentines Day leftovers of flank steak stuffed with feta and spinach and buttered boiled yukon golds.

Old 02-16-2012, 02:17 PM   #3
Master Chef

Taking it easy for supper tonight. We will be having tomato soup and toasted cheese sandwiches.
Old 02-16-2012, 02:25 PM   #4
Head Chef

Spinach sauteed in essence of bacon; something to use up a coupla eggs - maybe just scrambled. V. Day pecan choc chip cookies. I hid them in the freezer but it's not working.
Old 02-16-2012, 02:26 PM   #5
Executive Chef

Working on a Cassoulet Castlenaudary type dish. Pork belly, home made sausage, chicken breast, etc. Going on 2.5 hours now. I have to turn it off and run a few errands.
Old 02-16-2012, 03:02 PM   #6
Chef Extraordinaire

i have some premio sausage (hot and sweet) and turkey meat, so i'm thinking meataballs anda saw-seeg en sugo di pomodoro.

i speak excellent italiano.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 03:34 PM   #7
Master Chef

Quote:
I've got an itty bitty chicken thawing. I can't decide how I'm going to do it yet. Rubbed, roasted, beer butt, stuffed with lemon and onion...but its going to be roasted either in the oven or on the BBQ.
Alix, have you seen the recent thread on Spatchcoked chicken? I like the word "butterflied" better, but I've been on a kick of cooking chicken that way....in a very hot oven. Delish.

I don't know yet what's for dinner so I'll be back later.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 03:51 PM   #8
Sous Chef

After my horrible tuna pastry I need to redeem myself in the eyes of my husband. He picked out a meat pastry with hard boiled eggs. The recipe calls for pie dough on the bottom and puff pastry on top. I have frozen puff pastry but do not feel like making pie dough so will probably just cover the bottom. finger crossed its not terrible
Old 02-16-2012, 03:55 PM   #9
Executive Chef

Split pea soup with garlic & olive oil fried croutons. Leafy green salad with hard boiled eggs and a sour cream based ranch dressing. Home made vanilla ice cream with a rum raisin sauce.
Old 02-16-2012, 04:35 PM   #10
Chef Extraordinaire

i was voted down. we're having takeout chinese.

wonton soup, seaweed eggdrop soup, shrimp rolls, chicken chow mein, steamed chicken and broccoli with garlic sauce, steamed szechuan shrimp with extra spicy sauce, and young chow fried rice.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote