What's up, Buttercup? Dinner 3/13/16

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dawgluver

Chef Extraordinaire
We were busy and missed lunch, so we had an early dinner. Philly-style cheese steaks and a side salad.

What's on your plate?

Rummaging through the freezer and found a single NY strip steak. I'll pair that with some tempura shrimp and a salad for a surf and turf dinner.

Roasted chicken thighs, setting on layers of onion slices, fennel slices and potato slices with some chopped garlic sprinkled in. S&P of course.:yum:

If I can get it in gear, it'll be fajitas for dinner. :yum: It's too windy to fire up the Weber, so I'll use the indoor CI grill pan for the skirt steak.

Since it's such a thin cut of meat, it almost seems like a waste of coal to grill it outdoors anyway, come to think of it. :)

Last edited:
I'm making a large pork steak smothered in gravy until it falls apart. To go with it some garlic and cheddar mashed potatoes.

DH grilled burgers:w00t:. Were served with sliced onion, tomatoes, green chiles, cheddar cheese, avocado and lettuce. We may hit the ice cream a little later.

Roastbeef, rice & broccoli............

img_1458908_0_650109ab5c835cfe20336a9f4aa4d910.jpg

img_1458908_1_5fc8e4b98a90ee572f15bad552018bdc.jpg

Daughter and SIL were over for dinner. Pork shoulder ragu (posted by AndyM a little while ago), spinach salad, and dutch oven rye bread. Daughter took one bite out of the bread and said "OMG, this is better than (insert name of well known local bakery) rye bread we bought last week!". Jim Lahey is a genius to come up with such an easy, idiot proof (I can attest to that) process for making bread.

I bought a small "old Kentucky" ham and served it with an orange marmalade Dijon brown sugar glaze, pan of scalloped potatoes and fresh asparagus. Actually, I guess the brand is Kentucky Legend smoked ham. The store doesn't always have smallest size and this week they did so I snapped one up.

Mmmm....your roast beef dinner looks so good, Joey! :)

Whisk, I'm so craving ham and scalloped potatoes and trying to wait until Easter dinner. It's not easy, especially when I hear of such great sounding ham dinners as yours. :yum:

If I can get it in gear, it'll be fajitas for dinner. :yum: It's too windy to fire up the Weber, so I'll use the indoor CI grill pan for the skirt steak.....

Yum. Couldn't finish it all so the rest will be warmed up for breakfast tomorrow. :)

Attachments

• fajitas.jpg
    fajitas.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 152
I made a sort of chicken cacciatore with onions, garlic, bell peppers, zucchini and diced chicken breasts. Served it over leftover polenta. I was hoping it would brown in the cast iron skillet, but it kind of fell apart. I think it was because of the corn and mascarpone cheese in it. It was good anyway.

Attachments

• 1457922326491.jpg
    1457922326491.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 188
Great pictures tonight!

We had leftover onion smothered thighs, but the star was the veggies I put together.
A large cut up Portabella mushroom sauted in lots of butter and fresh garlic, added fresh spinach leaves, along with sugar snap peas, and a few shakes of fish sauce. Golly, it was so tasty, I have to remember that.

Back
Top Bottom