What's up, Buttercup? Dinner 6/4/16

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dawgluver

Chef Extraordinaire
We went to a local watering hole for a friend's retirement party. Nice meatballs, lil' smokies, veggies and dip.

And you?

Pulled venison w/ BBQ sauce.....

img_1468686_0_d2877f26ceb46a23c356969a4ccc42c1.jpg

I'm ready for a large shopping on Monday (6 stores, 4 hours), so I'm finishing up what I have left over from last month. Tonight I'm making the rest of the hamburger and dumping it into the rest of the tomato sauce for spaghetti. At about midnight when (I hope) it will be cool, I'm going to throw a chicken in the oven to roast and then have chicken sandwiches tomorrow. That will just leave the bread, eggs, and bacon, so maybe Monday morning that will be breakfast.

The heat is on here again and now it looks like another couple of days of above average temps. But ----- I bought an air conditioner!!!!!!!! It'll arrive the day after it cools down. :glare:

We had a highbrow/lowbrow dinner tonight. First it was a Caprese salad on a generous bed of romaine, followed by hot dogs on the grill, potato salad with an oil/vinegar dressing (fresh basil and parsley, too), and homemade dill pickle, Batch One. Finally ran out of propane! Every time Himself went out with something nicer than hot dogs we were afraid he'd run out and I'd have to finish it in the oven. Now we can grill with confidence again. :LOL:

Attachments

• 2016-06-04 21.36.53.jpg
    2016-06-04 21.36.53.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 223
  • 2016-06-04 22.27.43.jpg
    2016-06-04 22.27.43.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 213
Looks good CG, but I'm curious why you'd run out of propane. We keep a spare full tank for the grill and when it runs out it's no problem. The empty one gets belted into passenger seat of his car so he can't "forget" to get it filled.;)

We went out for a wonderful big breakfast early this morning, and tonight we ate last night's leftovers.

We have just one right now. Since we don't grill that often, it works for us. We just didn't want to start smoking ribs and have it quit 15 minutes into it!

A couple of pizzas out of our Grilled Pizzas and Piadina book.

One used some of the frozen crawfish tails, anodouille, roasted red bell, red onion, moz, fontina and parm, with a drizzle of a spicy/sweet sauce based on apricot preserves, with a garnish after cooking of cilantro. We've made this many times and both love it.

The other was a spicy/sweet canteloupe chutney, prociutto pizza with moz, fontina, parm, and gorgonzola. First time making this one. The gorgonzola was a little heavy so I'll probably halve that at the very least next time but it is definitely a make-again. Best part is we have prosciutto and melon left for snacking. There was supposed to be a garnish of chopped walnuts (which I didn't feel like looking for in the freezer) plus slices of fresh sage. I wasn't sure about eating raw sage so decided to skip that too. This was a GREAT pizza, other than having too much gorgonzola for my taste. The prosciutto got just a tiny bit crispy on the upper edges (you bundled it).

We gave the neighbors a couple of pieces of each since they were out and talking to Craig about grilling and his BGE while he was getting the coals ready to go and while he was cooking. They thought they were both great too.

Back
Top Bottom