What's Up for Dinner Tuesday, June 26th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
If I am up to walking by then I think we are doing a Costco trip when TB gets home. So that means we will eat in the food court. My new diagnosis of diabetes doesn't lend itself too much to their food, but I think I will have a Polish dog and steal a couple of TB's fries.

What's everyone else having?

Today is my birthday eve, so we're taking advantage of a free offer. Once we drop my SUV off at the dealer for warranty work, we'll motor over to Ruby Tuesday's. They used to offer a choice of burger as a free birthday meal - I always passed. I mean Himself could have had the burger if I wanted a regular dinner, but we never bothered. Now they've included the choice of their enormous and tasty salad bar as your birthday freebie option. I'm in! Maybe we'll negate that healthy choice by driving on to a very yummy ice cream stand for dessert. :devilish: Or maybe not.

An old friend came home to see his mother who is in a bad way.. she doesn't have much time left, sadly..he has been there for a few days and tonight I am going to get him and bring him here for a visit..fill him full of steak and potatoes and we'll probably drink too much beer...he needs the release...

Rissoles. I was only allowed one due to the fat content.

Left over beef.
Roux made with beef stock.
Soft Breadcrumbs.
Seasoning
mixed herbs

Coat with flour, egg and dried breadcrumbs.

DSC_0003 (3).jpg

SIL is tied up all week with a class he is taking, so daughter brought the grandkids over for dinner. Pork tenderloin on the grill. veggies tossed in along side it in the grill basket. Four cheese ravioli from the pasta shop across the river, tossed with home made marinara. The ravioli isn't cheap (but in a different league from supermarket stuff), and I'm afraid I'm turning a 2 year old into a pasta gourmet, as he loves the quality ravioli.

s 'n p - that looks delish!

tenspeed - ravioli is my favourite pasta - ANY filling. Have not had the nerve to try the spinach circle with the egg in the center... yet.

Love a shrmip stuffing and need to find a really GOOD mushroom filling recipe -

anyone have one?

I got out for some seafood in Sarasota tonight. My customer recommended a place called The Crab and Fin.

It was outstanding.

I started with an appetizer of Cape Cod Bay Mussels, steamed with garlic butter & sherry. The best Mussels I have ever had. Every one was tender... not a single chewy mussel.

For my entree, I went with fresh local Red Snapper, pan seared, with coconut fried rice, soy ginger glaze, sesame almond book chop, and orange mustard vinaigrette.

Mind blown. BOOM.

Okay, my customer is very wealthy, so I had a pretty good idea what I was walking into. My meal tab was 88-bucks, with tip. But, I'm not complaining. On a scale of one-to-ten, this meal was a ten.

CD

Casey... I got this technique from a show of Lydia B. Do your mussels in a frying pan... not a deep pot! I've never had a chewy mussel since!

and will you please let me know next time you go somewhere like that? I'll pay my plane ticket. (umm, but you can pay the meal :D )

I've gotten five cucumbers from the garden in the last week, so to me, that means tzatziki :yum: So yesterday I made tzatziki and Greek meatballs with a Greek salad alongside. I'll serve the rest to my book club tonight. 0626182035b.jpg

Sent from my SM-T380 using Discuss Cooking mobile app

I started with an appetizer of Cape Cod Bay Mussels, steamed with garlic butter & sherry. The best Mussels I have ever had. Every one was tender... not a single chewy mussel.

CD
Ya' learn sumpin' new every day. I've never heard of Cape Cod Bay mussels. All I've seen around here is PEI mussels, even in the pricey seafood shops. Cape Cod is a lot closer than PEI (Prince Edward Island). I googled it, and there really are Cape Cod Bay mussels (I was wondering if it was a restaurant marketing term). From what I saw online, they look a little expensive ($4 / lb. or more, vs. $2 / lb. in the supermarkets, $3 / lb. in the seafood shops). I get them in the seafood shops, as there are far fewer duds than from the supermarket. I've never had any rubbery mussels, but I remove them from the pot as soon as they open.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom