What's Wednesday's Winner Meal, January 22nd?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
P'zactly...the remaining packages I bought are going in the emergency kit and I am fishing the chicken out of the rest of the soup and rinsing it to put in something else.

Reminds me of the turkey meatballs I defrosted last week and put into a new pot of delicious ragu I had just made. The meatballs tasted like mothballs. I got them out as quick as I could, rinsed them off and put them in the tray of bribery foods I use to get Violet to take her medicine. She had no troubles with them so at least they didn't go to waste :LOL:. And the ragu was saved!

We were very bad tonight. We went out for pizza. I'm talking normal everyday pizza with real crusts and real cheese (though mine was skim milk mozza and I had veggies, no meat). I have already started getting a little pain and TB has been taking enzymes like crazy, but it was worth it to eat normal once in awhile...after the last couple of weeks we felt we deserved it!

Still working on leftovers. I did have a piece of toast with homemade peach jam.

I was going to have a soup-a-thon day and make five different kinds. Then I had a rough night of broken sleep. At least I made two kinds! We had Italian Sausage Soup for dinner and I have a pot of bean soup made with smoked pork shoulder that we can have tomorrow. Then again I still plan on making a couple more pots of soup tomorrow.

I was going to have a soup-a-thon day and make five different kinds. Then I had a rough night of broken sleep. At least I made two kinds! We had Italian Sausage Soup for dinner and I have a pot of bean soup made with smoked pork shoulder that we can have tomorrow. Then again I still plan on making a couple more pots of soup tomorrow.

Must be soup-making week! I rarely make soup but this week I have made leek and potato soup, spicy carrot and lentil soup, and chicken succotash. My freezer is now nicely stocked for wintery days.

Mmmm....soups sound so good, so does tacos....;) :yum: I finally made my first real meal yesterday after being down with the flu for so long. I got so tired of bland foods such as greek yogurt, scrambled eggs, oatmeal, etc. Blah. It helped to come here and read what everyone else is having. :LOL:

Yesterday I seared a couple of scallops and had them over angel hair pasta with a little homemade alfredo sauce. Lightly steamed broccoflower on the side. It really hit the spot. :yum:

Attachments

• 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 148

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom