What's with our kids and box cookin'?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm part of the "younger generation" (in my early twenties) and I cook almost all my food from scratch. I take shortcuts here and there, and admittedly will use the odd can of tuna or vegetables - but for the most part, I cook most meals from scratch.

I love good food and I love to cook. Most prepared/pre packaged stuff tastes like fillers and chemicals to me. Yuck. Besides, it's often more expensive then buying seperate ingredients and preparing it from scratch and I am a student so I have to be careful w/ my money!

We all appreciate good food and would always cook from scratch if we had the time.

There's nothing wrong with shortcuts. Some are really good. For instance, I never made pumpkin pie with a pumpkin, I always use a can of the stuff. There are others.

Andy... Paul and I have made pie from real pumpkins... and let me tell ya.. it's not worth the trouble. Stick with the can!!

pdswife said:
Andy... Paul and I have made pie from real pumpkins... and let me tell ya.. it's not worth the trouble. Stick with the can!!

Thanks for the tip. The can it is!

Sadly, it comes down to time now a days. Most poeple I know don't make the time to prepare something from scratch, or even slightly from scratch. Boxed dinners and those type of products make life easy. You can eat reasonably well with little to no time involved in preparation. Like those crock pot all in one boxed meals from Banquet, or whoever it is. Dump everything in the crock pot, add some water, and let it rip! A few hours later and no effort on your part, you have dinner. And, if you're smart, you used one of those new slow cooker liners so cleanup is a snap!

Back
Top Bottom