"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 06-25-2016, 08:02 PM   #1
Executive Chef
 
medtran49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,163
What's ya eatn'g? Saturday 6.25.16

Beef stew for us, carrots, mushies, potatoes, onions, and obviously beef cubes.

__________________

__________________
medtran49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 08:35 PM   #2
Wine Guy
 
Steve Kroll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Twin Cities, Minnesota
Posts: 6,044
Sometimes you just feel like a caveman and want nothing more than a piece of meat, cooked over a fire. I mean...why clutter up the plate with vegetables and such?

(truthfully I had no veggies in the fridge and didn't feel like running out to buy anything.)

__________________

__________________
Steve Kroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 08:40 PM   #3
Head Chef
 
salt and pepper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Montana
Posts: 2,205
Shrimp Scampi

__________________
salt and pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 08:45 PM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire
 
GotGarlic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Southeastern Virginia
Posts: 19,666
We made a wine-butt chicken on the grill, glazed with cherry barbecue sauce that my brother and SIL gave us for Christmas.

We also had grilled corn on the cob and marinated grilled zucchini. And I made basil pesto and put that on top of toasted naan, topped with diced tomato and shredded Parmigiano Reggiano cheese. Good stuff
__________________
The trouble with eating Italian food is that five or six days later you're hungry again. ~ George Miller
GotGarlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 08:56 PM   #5
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 24,448
What's ya eatn'g? Saturday 6.25.16

Nice, guys!

Noble experiment here. We had a head of romaine on its last legs, so I sauteéd it up, poured a bunch of eggs mixed with yogurt, spices, mushrooms and shredded cheese over it, and will call it a frittatta. It's clean out the fridge night.
__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 09:11 PM   #6
Certified Pretend Chef
 
Andy M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 42,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Kroll View Post
Sometimes you just feel like a caveman and want nothing more than a piece of meat, cooked over a fire. I mean...why clutter up the plate with vegetables and such?

(truthfully I had no veggies in the fridge and didn't feel like running out to buy anything.)...

I don't know, Steve. There's some red stuff on the plate that could have vegetable components...
__________________
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." -Carl Sagan
Andy M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 09:16 PM   #7
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 24,448
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Nice, guys!

Noble experiment here. We had a head of romaine on its last legs, so I sauteéd it up, poured a bunch of eggs mixed with yogurt, spices, mushrooms and shredded cheese over it, and will call it a frittatta. It's clean out the fridge night.

Picture: 
Name:   ImageUploadedByDiscuss Cooking1466903763.088227.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  12.8 KB
__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 10:10 PM   #8
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Kayelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: south central coast/California
Posts: 10,818
I had a pound of beautiful ground lamb, so I mixed it with Steve Kroll's perfect blend of spices for lamb Gyro's. We had Kafta Kebobs over Greek salads with Greek yogurt dressing. Opa!!
__________________
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but rather by the moments that take our breath away.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 10:15 PM   #9
Senior Cook
 
Souschef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Santa Paula,CA
Posts: 483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
I had a pound of beautiful ground lamb, so I mixed it with Steve Kroll's perfect blend of spices for lamb Gyro's. We had Kafta Kebobs over Greek salads with Greek yogurt dressing. Opa!!
This what we needed in the background
__________________
Souschef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 10:21 PM   #10
Wine Guy
 
Steve Kroll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Twin Cities, Minnesota
Posts: 6,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
I don't know, Steve. There's some red stuff on the plate that could have vegetable components...
True, Andy. It was salsa, which I suppose does qualify as plant material...
__________________

__________________
Steve Kroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.