What's your Comfort Food Snack?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

letscook

Head Chef
Just getting over a stuborn cold and not very hungry but wanting still something to eat. You know what I mean what is your lil snack that makes you feel better.
Mine is- Toast with peanut butter and Cinnamon Sugar with a cup of coffee.

Hope everyone is getting through the winter and feeling well.

Anything hot with plenty of carbohydrates and fat is my comfort food.

Here are some of my favourites.
Baked potatoes with butter
French fries
Toasted cheese sandwiches
Pasta with creamy sauce
Better stop this before I start getting hungry....:)

A few things..
Cereal with milk

Buttered toast dunked in hot chocolate.

ice cream..

Those are all comfort foods when I am sick.

I forgot a couple, even though the thread asked "favorite comfort food snack."

I love popcorn sprinkled with Parmesan cheese..... Pop Secret--Homestyle Variety, but even off-brand popcorn will do.

chips and french onion dip. Either the kind made with sour cream and onion soup mix or store-bought. (When I lived in NY state, there was a dairy company from around Buffalo, NY, that had a great french-onion dip. There is nothing like it. The only thing that has come remotely close is a brand-name Dean's, but i's not he same.)

Popcorn, hands down, especially popped in bacon fat! Don't have it often, but it is a real childhood love.

Oooh...

Sliced sharp chedder with sliced sweet pickles. Salt and vinigar chips and oreos. Or good old cream-of-wheat.
I think you must be my sister! cheddar and pickles (even sour ones work). Salt and vinegar chips-I used to import those from Canada before we even could get them here. Oreos==chocolate, crunchy, creamy, yum.

Novice

If I have a bad cold, I like to eat almost scalding hot chicken noodle soup, along with a piece of whole wheat bread smothered with extra crunchy peanut butter, and then fold the bead in half and dip it in the soup. Instantly comforting with a bad head cold.

Back
Top Bottom