What's your dinner bell ringing for Monday, 9-19-2016?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Change of plans...

...Comfort food here tonight. Ham, fresh green beans, and pasta and cheese...

NOT of my doing this time! :LOL: Minutes before I was to unwrap the ham and shove cloves into the thing *bam*, I hear a popping noise like a switch being thrown and...lost all electricity to the house. Fortunately, it wasn't just our house, so I wasn't as worried. However, a small, special group of us down at our end of the street had some sort of local transformer issue - details are unknown. At about the same time, Himself came home from getting his teeth and his car checked. Different "doctors", but on the same block. When he came into the house he said "so, where do you want to go out to eat?" I was figuring I'd use the camp stove to warm up the leftovers, but going out sounded fine. We called his sis and BIL to see if they had power, since they are just up the street from us. Yes, they were fine, but going out sounded good to them, too!

O'Connor's is was, our favorite Irish pub. I had bangers and mash with peas, Himself had a pretzel crusted pork schnitzel. Both were very good. Half of mine came home. Maybe leftovers tomorrow?

CG...not often, now and then, during a foggy early morning, I'd hear a what sounded like an M-80 firecracker going off. It turns out it was one of those oil filled drum transformers up on a pole that exploded for some reason. :LOL:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom