What's YOUR fav. main dish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What a good thread, nice to hear everyones favourites!

I have soooo many. Lasagne and pizza, which seem to be most popular here also :). Chinese spring rolls, thick cuts of donner full of chilli sauce. Spicy roast potatoes, if these are made well, i could eat them without the need of anything else:rolleyes:. Sometimes when there is notmuch inthe house and im feeling lazy, il very happily eat a buttered crusty roll, sometimes its the only thing i want!! :)

Special treat food?
I make an all-day vegetarian lasagne with ricotta, fontina and bechamel that melts in your mouth. It's a lot of work, but ooh soo good. For more 'every day' treats, I like cream-based pasta sauces with cauliflower or zucchini or mushrooms or . . .
oh please post this recipe if you could, sounds so good and heartwarming.
Lobster or Prime Rib - yeah it's beef, but I luv it. Cheesecake for dessert.
okay Amy, are we separated at birth? You must be my twin, my favorites too almost, ceptin you forgot the Spaghetti Bolognese and Margarita Pizza, otherwise, we're at the same table...
Foie gras. I can eat a lot of foie gras and not get a stomach ache. I've eaten about a pound of foie gras in one sitting before, in various preparations.
At the suggestion of Uncle Bob, I took him up on his idea for August restaurant in NO. I had an appetizer that was foie gras 3 ways. I love the stuff too, any way, any style, any time. They brought it to the table as foie gras 4 ways because the lead chef that night {Eric} and I talked previously...the server said it was a treat for me. So good, I could have stopped my dinner with just that, but oh no, I didn't.:huh:

I'm like Uncle Bob...gimme a fish. Actually, my favorite fish of all is Bluegill. I like them about 6" long without the head, bones in, pan-fried in a light seasoned coating of flour & cornmeal.
My grandmother and I used to see who would end up with the highest pile of bones on their plate...she always won.

I'm going to go with the seafood combo platter, as long as it has lightly fried shrimp and seared scallops. Choosing just one is darn near impossible, though ... there's my world-famous sausage lasagne with four cheeses ... maple-glazed pork roast ... chicken parmesan ... a perfectly grilled ribeye steak ... shrimp curry ... moussakka with roasted potatoes ... gnocchi with crab-cream sauce from a local restaurant ... lobster ravioli from a restaurant in Boston ... this is tough ... ;)

This is not an answerable question for me. Too many good things to eat to choose just one.

It is really a mood thing. Sometimes it will be a pot roast. Sometimes it's duck, sometimes its BBQ, or a really great sandwich or a quesadilla. Let's not forget a lobster roll on the Cape Cod Canal.

Somebody stop me, the drool is shorting out my keyboard!

Constance said:
I'm like Uncle Bob...gimme a fish. Actually, my favorite fish of all is Bluegill

Miss Connie...

The pages I could write about how this little "Bream" has impacted my life.
The stories I could tell. Just saying the word moves me to smiles, laughter and tears with the memories. How I would love to go "fishin" with my brother again, or sit down with my mother to see who would wind up with the biggest pile of bones...I ALWAYS won!:LOL:

Hard question ... but.. I love a good baked potato with lots of butter and lots of salt and bacon. Pasta with a nice red sauce. Roast with veggies. Anything Greek and most things Persian. I could go on and on.

So, I'm a pretty boring type of eater - simple food, mostly beef or chicken. I started wondering...What's my favorite non-beef/chicken main dish? I decided it's chips and queso! :LOL: Not really a main dish, but it's my favorite thing to eat when I get the opportunity to go out to eat at a tex-mex place!

So, what is YOUR favorite non-beef/chicken main dish??

Hmmm - with beef & chicken out of the running, I guess that, depending on my mood, I'd have to say a good pizza (with onions, mixed veggies, or anchovies), a good sweet full boiled lobster with lots of melted lemon butter, or a nice platter of perfectly cooked fried oysters - both lobster &/or oysters paired with wonderfully crisp shoestring potatoes. On a cold autumn/winter evening, a nice roast duck with all the trimmings would also easily make my list.

Thai food. Luckily, we have a great Thai restaurant here.

To cook--I love to cook with pork... Loins, chops, bacon, ham.... etc.

Hm, I do not even know if I have one favorite main dish. If I had to choose one it would have to be chateaubriand. But Chinese food is probably more likely, as the one above is way too expensive. And even more likely is piece of chicken.

Back
Top Bottom