What's your favourite breakfast?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mariam3

Assistant Cook
let's begin.
my favorite breakfast is Fried Irish and eggs/banana smootie. wow, it makes my mouth water. What is yours?

corned beef hash with eggs, over medium.
Pretty much anything served to me, maybe on the beach or in the mountains!

My favorite breakfast is diner. I like to have huge breakfast, though I rarely do because of time constrain (is it a right word?). I have to take care of kids in the morning, feed them, dress them, and take them to school. And they are still young; my baby is only 5 years old. So they still need help.

Oh yeah, what am talking about, breakfast. So I love a big bowl of soup, the second coarse with meat and a side dish, the whole thing. Well, no desert that I can live without.

Challah french toast with real butter and maple syrup, crispy bacon, chilled fruit. HOT delicious coffee like the cup I'm drinking now. Maybe a mimosa. Mmm mm mmm.

If I am not watching my weight, my favorite breakfast is a big slice of quiche with a couple of warm, crusty croissants and a gigantic cup of hot cocoa.

french crepes with orange peel sauce,banana nut pan cakes,breakfast burritos,cheese and mushroom omelette,peach yogurt(not all this together offcourse hehe)big cup of hot steaming sweet milk tea or fresh orange juice.but alas these days all i have for breakfast is a large cup of warm skim milk and some fruit as im watching weight.and thankGod ive already lost 3 kilos and i weigh only 58 kilos now,which im so proud of :ROFLMAO:as i can fit into my small size dresses once again.

It has to be a full English breakfast consisting of:

Egg, bacon, sausage, mushrooms, beans, black pudding and fried bread. :D

I don't have this very often though for obvious reasons :LOL:

My favorite breakfast doesn't have so much to do with the food as the surroundings. There ain't many things better than waking up at a Rendezvous, getting a fire going and listening to the camp wake up.
The smell of the wood smoke and in the breeze, the occasional hint of bacon or onions in the skillet from the camp down the path, the smell of coffee perking over the fire.
The distant murmurings of voices and the clinking of plates and fire irons.
Someone down the way splitting some wood.
I been too long away from such things....Looking forward to going back to Rendezvous this falll.

My favorite breakfast doesn't have so much to do with the food as the surroundings...

I know what you mean.

My favorite place is in Aruba. We get up in the morning, grab a cup of coffee and go sit out on the balcony. It's quiet early in the morning and you can enjoy the sounds of the ocean, the sun shining and watching the island come to life.

This is especially nice on the first morning of our vacation because we know we have many more mornings to look forward to.

I like all kinds of breakfast food, and not necessarily for breakfast, but...
my favorite is bacon and eggs, with the eggs fried and basted in the bacon grease just till the whites are cooked, served on half an English muffin, with the other half muffin on the side with strawberry jam...and skim milk to drink.

This is like any other "favorite" food question - it depends on the season & my mood. Frequent favorites consist of:

Smoked kippered herrings & eggs
Scrambled eggs with any or all: leftover diced Czech bread dumplings, sauteed peppers, cheese, etc., etc.
Spam, egg, & cheese with hot sauce on a toasted crusty roll.
Omelets - Spanish (tomatoes, onions, peppers), Western (diced ham, onions, peppers, cheese), Greek (onions, spinach, & feta cheese), Cheese (any cheese, sometimes accompanied by diced ham or bacon - the omelet list is virtually endless.
Fried eggs with meat of choice & sauteed sliced tomatoes.
Whole Wheat Toast topped with large-curd cottage cheese.
Steel-cut oats oatmeal, farina, cream of wheat, grits with whatever toppings suit my fancy at the moment.

My favorite breakfast is just a big bowl of cereal!! I usually be in hurry in the morning, so cereal is my best choice.

It has to be a full English breakfast consisting of:

Egg, bacon, sausage, mushrooms, beans, black pudding and fried bread. :D

I don't have this very often though for obvious reasons :LOL:

sub out the bacon and sausage for grilled kidneys and a kipper, and add a grilled tomato and you got it!

haven't had that since '93!

It depends. At home, it's always my "souped up" oatmeal. Chopped walnuts, chopped dates, raisins and a healthy dash of fresh ground allspice. Eating out: At Cafe 56 in Rancho Penasquitos it's French Toast and their country sausage patties. At the Santa Fe Cafe in Encinitas it's the Eggs Benedict and the fruit cup. They have the absolute best Sauce Hollandaise of any place I've ever dined, and that's saying a lot! Used to enjoy the baked omelets at the Original Pancake House in San Diego, but for some reason they've started overcooking them and all the joy has left the building, as they say.

There's a definite difference between what I usually have for breakfast and what my favorite is! Which is: Rib Eye steak (medium rare), two eggs (over medium), hash browns (nice and crispy!), multi-grain wheat bread toast with butter, pomegranate juice, and coffee (Hawaiian Kona blend) with stevia and real cream.

What I usually have: a cup of yogurt topped with wheat germ.

Back
Top Bottom