"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Old 02-16-2007, 12:16 PM   #21
Head Chef
I think I'll do pork chops tonight, smothered with bell peppers and onions served over egg noodles.

"You wouldn't know a diamond if you held it in your hand. The things you think are precious I can't understand" STEELY DAN.
JohnL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 12:17 PM   #22
Head Chef
Originally Posted by Alix
I'm putting on a Safety Pin dinner at the church for the youth group tonight. I'll leave chicken caesar salad wraps for Ken and Madeleine.
Punks? Liz Hurley? I cannot imagine what a saftey pin dinner is

In omnibus amor et iustum
lulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 12:26 PM   #23
Master Chef
I don't think I'm going to bother cooking anything tonight. Even though the storm ended two days ago, the ice around here is still terrible. Everything that melts to slush during the day is freezing up at night. What's normally a 20 minute commute for DH took him 1.5 hours last night and 2.5 hours this morning! Tonight will be just as bad, if not worse, since it's Friday. I think we'll either heat up leftovers or I'll ask him to stop and grab sandwiches or a pizza on his way home.
-A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand
PA Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 12:31 PM   #24
Executive Chef
Send a message via MSN to YT2095
Safety Pin dinners are Loads of fun! it`s a bit like Roulette, a Safety pin is hidden in some food, and the 1`st one to start coughing violently Wins
So long and Thanks for all the Fish ;)

YT2095 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 12:38 PM   #25
Originally Posted by lulu
Punks? Liz Hurley? I cannot imagine what a saftey pin dinner is
LMAO, please ignore YT, his safety pin dinner is NOT what I doing. The premise is that you distract the youth by telling them to bring along the biggest safety pin they can find. They are so busy concentrating on that and what it could be used for that when you present them with an encrypted menu they are a bit thrown for a loop. They are allowed to pick 2 or 3 items per course. If they are wise, they have figured out that "the devils tool" is a fork and they choose that to eat their spaghetti. Otherwise they might end up with a spoon and a napkin for one course and no food for another. Heh heh heh. I'll let you know how messy it gets.
You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it. Robin Williams
Alix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 12:53 PM   #26
Executive Chef
omg Alix, I've given one of those. 12 courses, soup to nuts. We had celery and carrots on the table to use as utensils if you didn't get any with your pick.

I've never seen adults have so much fun! They each got to pick 3 numbers for each course (4 courses in all) and that's what was at their place. You could get a spoon, cake and a piece or meat or soup, a fork and almonds. That party took a long time to organize.
Please spay and neuter your pets. The Animal Rescue Site
Half Baked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 12:56 PM   #27
Assistant Cook
Just like LEFSElover my boyfriend and i have yet to celebrate Valentines Day, we agreed to not use one set day to show how much we love each other.
We decided that the day we do something we would spend the whole day not at school and cooking our favorite meals.

Breakfast -
Baked Patato slices with some spice
Fried mixture corn and cheese

Lunch -
Grilled pear salad with rasberry vinagrette
Barbecued porkchops with home made apple sauce
Strawberry shortcake for desert
Grape juice

Supper -
Pasta in a cheese sause
Pineapple Jerk burger
Ice cream sundae
cookmaster69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 01:24 PM   #28
Chef Extraordinaire

that sounds like fun, alix and hb.

last night i marinated (world harbors fajita marinade) and broiled some free range, organic chicken legs. unfortunately, there wasn't enough for everyone, so i wrapped them up put them in the fridge for lunch today, and we ordered take out from a steak and chops place.

we had bbq chicken, seasoned grilled pork chops, garlic mashed spuds and garlic and butter sauteed stringbeans and broccoli.

hey, wait, this is the friday thread, duh. i thought it was for yesterday.

well, tonight, i'm going to cook a coupla things, but if i time it right, i'll get dw to suggest that i pick up sushi on the way home. mwahahaha.

otherwise, i'm broiling a london broil that i've been marinating overnight in the same world harbors fajita marinade. also, i have some shrimp so i'll make a quick hot sauce for shrimp fra diavolo.
in nomine patri, et fili, et spiritus sancti.
beidh ar la linn.
wisdom is often in short supply within ones' ego.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 01:27 PM   #29
Head Chef
I'm not sure I have got it, but I suppose I am glad that old Liz and the punks get to live another day....I thought a church youth group going for choking with pins or cannablising those with bad fashion sense was a bit over judgemental!

Hope the youth like it - i am sure they will! (I have to say most youth I know would actually pierce them selves with the pin, I've got to start meeting nicer kids, lol)
In omnibus amor et iustum
lulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 02:09 PM   #30
Senior Cook
Dinner at fine restaurant and theater - last minute invite from our daughter. Tickets a windfall

Barbara is offline   Reply With Quote