"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 02-16-2007, 04:50 PM   #31
Everymom

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulu
I'm not sure I have got it, but I suppose I am glad that old Liz and the punks get to live another day....I thought a church youth group going for choking with pins or cannablising those with bad fashion sense was a bit over judgemental!

Hope the youth like it - i am sure they will! (I have to say most youth I know would actually pierce them selves with the pin, I've got to start meeting nicer kids, lol)
LMAO! lulu, even the pierced/tattooed and rebellious ones like this sort of thing. Its a good excuse to get down and dirty. LOL.

Old 02-16-2007, 05:31 PM   #32
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half Baked
Thanks for reminding me of cake, Barb. I was going to make a one pan Lemon Wacky cake for dessert and had forgotten about it.
I b'lieve I need to know more about this item, HB. Got a recipe someplace?

Old 02-16-2007, 05:44 PM   #33
Head Chef

This evening I am either in the mood for pizza or chinese. When I get home from my errands I will decide.

I really do not feel like cooking.

Jill and Jolie
shpj4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 07:02 PM   #34
Chef Extraordinaire

As dizzy as today got with the kids, I did manage dinner..We will soon be having chicken enchiladas, rice, a gazpacho molded salad with avocado dressing. While I finish up the girls have made a very large platter of nachos..For dessert, we're trying a baked pineapple with brown sugar,rum and butter..
kadesma
Old 02-16-2007, 08:27 PM   #35
Master Chef

i cooked basa fish fillets seasoned, then combined butter, lemon & more seasoning & folded with a can of lump crabmeat ($10! $5 less than usual!). layered with fish, baked & cooked garlic potatoes. delicious!
Old 02-16-2007, 09:48 PM   #36
Executive Chef

smoked pork butt, potato salad, and PeppA heated up some corn. I got a cold dinner, as my headache got the better of me just as I was pulling the pork apart. I ended up taking an hour nap, then pigged out on pulled pork.
Old 02-16-2007, 11:50 PM   #37
Sous Chef

We had sourdough bread w/butter, fresh clam chowder topped w/crisp bacon bits, and Italian flat parsley bits and also fresh steamed clams in garlic/butter sauce finished off w/a white zin.

appletart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 12:02 AM   #38
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Supposed to have had oven baked baby back ribs but, when I went to turn the oven on, no "ON." The oven didn't want to participate in dinner preparation. Called the repairman. He'll be here tomorrow morning.

Instead, I put the ribs in the electric skillet my father gave me in 1969 (good ole skillet) and cooked the ribs long and low. Worked out pretty well. Had baked beans and homemade rolls with. "Conversation" Valentine hearts for dessert.

Need the oven for tomorrow's dinner. Hope it can be fixed by then. I have confidence it will.