What's your Friday Fare for dinner, Feb 16th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
Appetizers...it'd be fun to do a dinner of only appy's. DH and I have yet to celebrate Valentines Day, tonight this sounds like the plan as I have most of the ingredients and won't have to shop...except for endive and many more pears

1] 12 jumbo shrimp [that I'd like to wrap with bacon and flash fry]
2] a dipping sauce of hot/sweet/sour/salty/buttery
3] feta stuffed beinets dusted with parmesano cheese
4] asparagus/sea salt/pepper/olive oil wrapped in procuitto then baked
5] baked potato chips sliced thin with wasabi caviar atop and sour cream
6] pear/apple/banana/pineapple skewers, ginger/cinnamon creme fresh
7] fried finger tilapia [salmon mousse atop]
8] endive chicken peanut wraps
9] tomato slices and mozzarella slices with aged old balsamic vinegar from Tuscany]
10] ginger pear mound pie, with double crust/'Cabo San Lucas Vanilla' whip cream

So what are your plans for Friday nights' supper? What are you making?
Everyone, enjoy your weekend!

Last edited:
LEFSElover - you make my leftover Chinese takeout sound really lame. :rolleyes:

We decided that Fridy night is Fondue night! I am happy because I have never made fondue before, dh is picking up cheese and kirsh on the way home from work.

I believe we and another couple are taking the kids roller skating so more than likely if the kids get their way it'll be pizza tonight.

LEFSElover said:
atlanta's not that far from me, just across the country is all, I always make plenty so there's room for you to join............:ROFLMAO:

On my way, thanks! :LOL: Mr HB can fend for himself.

we're going to an gyro joint near our house and then to the grocery to stock up before the snowstorm comes tomorrow (twice in one week!)

Iam making teriyaki marinated pork tenderloin sandwiches on toasted buns, and cole slaw. Hope to make a cake for dessert !

" Decided on a yellow bundt cake w/choc. buttercream frosting " !!

Last edited:
Thanks for reminding me of cake, Barb. I was going to make a one pan Lemon Wacky cake for dessert and had forgotten about it.

Toots said:
we're going to an gyro joint near our house and then to the grocery to stock up before the snowstorm comes tomorrow (twice in one week!)
Good choice! Unfortunately, I can't have it for dinner as it's meatless night for me. Is the owner Greek?

boufa06 said:
Good choice! Unfortunately, I can't have it for dinner as it's meatless night for me. Is the owner Greek?

Yes, the owners are Greek. Their food is YUMMY!

The name of their place is called "Its Greek to Me" is that cute or what?

LEFSElover, your apps sound divine!

My DH thinks he may be coming down with a cold or something, so do I, so we're forgetting the take out tonight and loading up on veggies for dinner. I'll saute red peppers, zucchini, spinach, broccoli, onions, tomato and garlic and toss in some shrimp and fresh basil. Vodka & orange juice for dessert.

I'm putting on a Safety Pin dinner at the church for the youth group tonight. I'll leave chicken caesar salad wraps for Ken and Madeleine.

Back
Top Bottom