What'sa cookin' this Saturday, May 28?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

buckytom

Chef Extraordinaire
i was able to get the pool up yesterday, so i'm guessing we'll be staying home and grilling as dw plans to food shop.

that means chicken. maybe i can talk her into fish. hmmm, i've been jonesing for lobsters.
i'll have to get up early if i want to pull it off.

need to get red peppers, large sweet onions, and pineapple for the grill in any case.

what are you cooking or eating this saturday, the unofficial end of spring 2011?

I just boiled claude the crab,when claude has cooled down and after Mrs BdF has dressed me she will dress claude, she refuses to let me do this as she claims I am to messy:(, I think its rather avantgarde to have crab shell on the ceiling as it looks like new wave artex and keeps the flies off the dog. DSCF0160.jpg

If the short ribs are thawed it will be curried beef short ribs in the slow cooker. I'm hoping they aren't thawed though, cuz I'm craving some chicken wings.

since we have some rather unpleasantly HOT weather coming up, I am grilling burgers this morning for the burger thread. I already made the buns and will pick the few remaining spinach leaves this morning for the burger. I'll have the burger for lunch. Last week a friend brought over a large ham and I have been working on that; have a scalloped potato and ham casserole in the fridge, and made a ham loaf yesterday that I will test before it goes in the freezer.

I'd really like your recipe for ham loaf. Sounds good!

LOL, this was the first time in my life that I ever made hamloaf and here is the recipe I followed
Lancaster County Ham Loaf Wow Wow Wow Recipe - Food.com - 47850

the nursing home where I used to work made a very tasty ham loaf and the above recipe looks similar to the one the nursing home used. But I like the nursing homes' version better:(. Maybe some one with more experience with making ham loaf could post a TNT recipe;).

Hello .. It's sunny and temps are in the mid 70's .. perfect day to grill. We are having chicken thighs and drumsticks marinated in a hoisin garlic glaze and roasted fingerling potatoes with a salad on the side.

I am going to broil some tilapia fillets topped with a mixture of Panko crumbs, parsley, garlic, lemon zest and melted butter. Grilled zucchini slices on the side.

change of plans for us. we found out about a good fishing hole, so we're off to catch trout and perch.

dinner will most likely be in a nearby restaurant, somewhere we can wash up.

wish us luck.

i haven't washed in days...lol.

I just popped the roasted beef bones and vegis into the stock pot. Now I'm starting on the meatballs. We will use some for our meatball and sausage subs. The rest will be frozen for easy dinners later on. The stock will also be frozen for later. I'm going to make demi glace with some of it.

Craig

Fried rice tonight. Have lots of little bits to put in it after cleaning the fridge. I don't make it often (this will be my second attempt).

change of plans for us. we found out about a good fishing hole, so we're off to catch trout and perch.

dinner will most likely be in a nearby restaurant, somewhere we can wash up.

wish us luck.

i haven't washed in days...lol.

Good luck.
If only so you can be eating fresh trout and perch instead! ;)

My short ribs weren't entirely thawed in time for me to start that dinner, so wings it is... which is what I really wanted anyway. Now to decide a flavor... I'm thinking garlic parm.

Back
Top Bottom