"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 09-23-2004, 11:09 AM   #31
Chef Extraordinaire

lol, audeo. gotta fetch me a copy of that'un some day.

it really is Opossum in north america though. (reminds me of the joke "what's irish and lives in your backyard? paddy o'furniture...")

you really got passed out on by janis?! how kewl. i've gotten drunk with andy rooney from 60 minutes, but it doesn't compare, lol.

my signatures are whatever song is stuck in my head from that morning's commute to work. was listenin to janis' greatest hits today. it was a toss up between lyrics from bobby magee and cry just a little bit harder. (oh, and it was almost spongebob squarepants too, i went with janis). last coupla days were from the kinks.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 11:36 AM   #32
Head Chef

Ha! I'd bet you have some stories coming out of the drinking conference with Andy -- I always loved his sarcasm and wit! And your absolutely right (as you know) about Opossum!

True story about Janis. Dad, a USAF CMSgt at Edwards, tossed his cigar aside, ripped her off of me, tossed her into her entourage, and proceeded to chew every one of them up one side and down the other (in the grand style of Sgt. R. Lee Ermey for at least five full minutes) for scratching his precious daughter's face. The manager (I guess) offered Dad two tickets to a concert (in Bakersfield, as I recall), and I remember vividly Dad's laughter. Anyway, he took ten tickets back to the base and handed them out.

I happen to have the 1968 Cheap Thrills album by Big Brother and the Holding Co.

Old 09-23-2004, 11:48 AM   #33
Chef Extraordinaire

Audeo, I have the same album, but nothing to play it on anymore. I also have Super Session (Stephen Stlls, Al Kooper, and ??) and many more from those days.
Old 09-23-2004, 12:08 PM   #34
Head Chef

:roll:

Alas, no turntable either. The Technics, long dead, sits in the attic carefully boxed (with my husband's own dead one) next to the Radio Shack TRS-80. Oh, but I've got me albums!!! If I get desperate while funding college, I'm sure some of them would bring in a book fee or two...
Old 09-23-2004, 12:09 PM   #35
Master Chef

Send a message via MSN to crewsk
I still have a record player & it still works!!!
Old 09-23-2004, 12:11 PM   #36
Master Chef

my Dad has a record player... it works great!
Old 09-23-2004, 12:12 PM   #37
Chef Extraordinaire

audeo, what's wrong with the tecnics? is it the stylus? do you know if it's a belt drive type, could just be a broken belt.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 12:40 PM   #38
Head Chef

Buckytom, I believe it was the board holding the outputs. Spent a bit trying to get it fixed about ten years ago, but they couldn't get parts. Moot point now, since CDs. Although...hmmm...I'd bet I could get the thing fixed well today, or procure a new one off of Ebay. Wonder how my direct-to-disc Tower of Power album would sound through the Lexicon and Martin Logans...??? Hmmmm.....

Hew luvs -- what kind does your Dad have? Can you ship it to me? (He'd never miss it, I'm sure...... :twisted: )
Old 09-23-2004, 12:43 PM   #39
Chef Extraordinaire

I've been finding some of my old loves out on CD now, with extras even. Recently got "Sweetheart of the Rodeo" that way.

Turntables are still for sale out there. My dad gave me a catalogue for a place that sells all sorts of hi-fi equipment, but I stupidly threw it away in a cleaning frenzy (too many things piled on top of things on top of wooden furniture, which by the way is polished with the orange stuff).
Old 01-22-2005, 03:25 PM   #40
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audeo
Buckytom, I believe it was the board holding the outputs. Spent a bit trying to get it fixed about ten years ago, but they couldn't get parts. Moot point now, since CDs. Although...hmmm...I'd bet I could get the thing fixed well today, or procure a new one off of Ebay. Wonder how my direct-to-disc Tower of Power album would sound through the Lexicon and Martin Logans...??? Hmmmm.....

Hew luvs -- what kind does your Dad have? Can you ship it to me? (He'd never miss it, I'm sure...... :twisted: )

Tower of Power is one of my favorite bands!

What is Hip?....tell me tell me if you think you know.....What is hip?...... if your really hip the passing years will show. Love that song!