When famished.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
figure you miss lunch- meeting at work or busy feeding your kiddos-
what is your food of love when pseudo-starving when you're too busy to dine......
mine is bread & cheddar. or soup. you......

Anything that is easy ,or handy. Cereal, cheese/crackers, left over meat, (cold steak, pork chop or hot dog). Not too picky!
In the evening - popcorn !

Last edited:
it depends, if there`s nothing to pick at, I`ll do some cheese toasties or plain boiled rice with Soy sauce on it, I`ve even raided the freezer and microwaved a large bowl of mixed veg with a spoon of butter ontop :)

:) My favorite is cottage cheese with a little S&P I eat it like a dip with saltine crackers.Really hits the spot when dinner is hours away.

I have one drawer in my desk, file folder size, that is reserved just for food. In it I have a 2 pound can of deluxe mixed nuts, several microwavable Progresso soups, two boxes of Zone Nutrition bars, microwavable oatmeal, plastic knives, forks, and spoons, and a picnic size salt & pepper set. I am ready for anything!

Dam dude, the only thing I keep in My "Special drawer" is my passport, some cash and a bottle of Over-proof rum :)

nuts... just about any kind. Any kind of deli meat. Chips and salsa if I have any fresh made salsa on hand.

Hi...I haven't visited the forum since March. :-( I lived in Houston for 10 years but am currently living in Cairo, Egypt(husband is working over here). Right now it's about 4:38am...couldn't sleep so I thought I'd log in and read about some of my favorite stuff....FOOD!! As for what I eat when I'm starving....hmmmmmmm, probably anything that doesn't get up and walk off the plate. :) Actually, I loooooooooove almonds(plain), cheese, ritz crackers (i found them in a little market over here) and smoked turkey. I keep them on hand ALL the time, cuz I seem to HUNGRY all the time. Anyway, thanks for the smiles so early in the morning.

cookwannab

YT2095 said:
... plain boiled rice with Soy sauce on it:)

I learned about this from a Chinese cookbook that I bought at a yard sale.

As a child, for an afterschool snack, the author used to have leftover cold rice, with a splash of soy sauce and a splash of oil on it. I tried it and absolutely LOVE it!

If you take the time to chop up a few green onions on top, even better, but I'm usually too hungry to do that.

Lee

when i was single and really hungry, and i had the rest of the night off, and a quiet place to eat and watch tv, i'd get: a large, plain, thin crust pizza, chopped vidalia onions, a bottle of frank's hot sauce, sriracha hot sauce, and a litre and a half of white zinfandel.
if i'm going fancy, i'll add mussels marinera extra spicey, and put the leftover sauce on the pizza, instead of the hot sauces.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom