Where did your latest cooking inspiration come from?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I certainly hope you mean feta and ricotta cheese cannoli, and not a feta and ricola mix - ricola is an herbal cough drop! :LOL:

The filling is inside pastry. I had no ricola so I put in feta, parsley and spring onions.

Mel, here is the link to the cinnamon rolls. You will love them! Don't cut back on the butter - I think that is the secret...Ultimate Cinnamon Rolls, Harvest Cinnamon Roll Recipe, Fantastic Cinnamon Rolls, Yeast Rolls, Bread Machine Recipe
They give you several options - bread machine, stand mixer, by hand, etc. I mixed the dough in my stand mixer and kneaded it by hand. Next time, I'll probably knead it in the mixer. It's getting pretty warm here and sweating on the dough will add too much salt and moisture - LOL.

And Mama - that chicken dish is beautiful. I'm definitely inspired and I'm going to make it soon!

Last edited:
Mel, I am still trying to perfect the recipe to the way my grandmother made it, but I will definitely post what I have come up with so far.

Thanks MexicoKaren :)

I sure wont cut back on the butter. I love butter. I just wont make the cinnamon rolls everyday so I can keep my waistline. :D

Mel, I am still trying to perfect the recipe to the way my grandmother made it, but I will definitely post what I have come up with so far.

Be sure to send me a private message, in case I miss the post. :)

Mine comes from cravings too. I was craving something italian with chicken and came up with this for dinner tonight. It's stuffed with spinach, cream cheese, mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, garlic, onion powder and italian seasoning. Dipped in egg and rolled in italian bread crumbs, fried until golden brown and then finished off in the oven. It was pretty good!

This is my inspiration today. I took out 2 boneless chickenbreasts this morning to defrost but wasn't sure what to do with them.

I don't have spinach or cheese but I think I am going to make a breading with crumbs and fresh herbs and ...... we will see from there.

Mel and Laurie - my mom used to make Turkish delight. It was so good. How DO you make it? Time to "google"...........

Thanks, Karen, I have googled and yahooed and hit the library. I have tried about 20 or more similar but different recipes that come close to, but nothing as melt-in-your-mouth sweet and delicious as what I made with my grandmother. I just wish I could remember all the way back to when I was 7 or 8 in her kitchen.....

Mine comes from cravings too. I was craving something italian with chicken and came up with this for dinner tonight. It's stuffed with spinach, cream cheese, mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, garlic, onion powder and italian seasoning. Dipped in egg and rolled in italian bread crumbs, fried until golden brown and then finished off in the oven. It was pretty good!

Mama that looks AWESOME!! :chef:

Thanks, Karen, I have googled and yahooed and hit the library. I have tried about 20 or more similar but different recipes that come close to, but nothing as melt-in-your-mouth sweet and delicious as what I made with my grandmother. I just wish I could remember all the way back to when I was 7 or 8 in her kitchen.....

Maybe it is your grandmother rather than the receipe that made it so special. The nostalgic memories would make the Turkish Delight extra good. No recipe can match that.:)

Back
Top Bottom