Which is your favourite cooking show?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like Iron Chef too. It is fun to see what they will create with the secret ingredient.

I watch that show occasionally...the camera action moves too fast from one cook to another tho, almost makes me dizzy.

Some cable channels host a show called Sam the Cooking Guy. Very relaxed, and informal.

Last edited:
Current: Alton Brown's Good Eats and Jamie Oliver's new show Jamie at Home.

Past favorites (no longer on TV) The Two Fat Ladies and Ready, Set, Cook!

I love Alton Brown.
Barefoot Contessa, Everyday Italian
Essence of Emeril
Tyler Florence isn't bad to look at...... :)

I seem to be the only one here who doesn't watch cookingshows.
I've watched a couple of episodes of 'Top Chef', and thought that was alright, you know, but it's not really something I follow.

Last edited:
Makes me wonder if you've ever really watched it. She takes shortcuts (don't most of us?), but she does cook.

I guess I don't know WHY I would want to watch it more than the oncethat I did.

sorry, I don't consider that cooking. anybody can doctor up takeout.

I guess I don't know WHY I would want to watch it more than the oncethat I did.

sorry, I don't consider that cooking. anybody can doctor up takeout.

Not everyone can, or wants to be, a chef, ChefJune. But you're making quite a sweeping statement about a show you admit to having watched once. She does a lot more than you give her credit for. In case you're interested in seeing some actual recipes of hers:

Recipes : Herb Crusted Salmon with Sweet Corn and Mushrooms : Food Network
Recipes : Chicken with Peanut Curry Sauce : Food Network
Recipes : Cajun Pork Burgers with Spicy Remoulade Sauce : Food Network

Like Rachael Ray, if she inspires people to get into the kitchen and make more of their own food, I say, you go, girl! :clap:

That said, her manner of speaking makes me crazy and I rarely watch her show. I'm not usually home then, anyway. My favorites are Tyler Florence's Ultimate, Alton Brown's Good Eats, Bobby Flay's Throwdown and Iron Chef.

if she inspires people to get into the kitchen and make more of their own food, I say, you go, girl! :clap:
I've watched her show quite a few times. Mostly because watched what was on before it and want to see the show on right after her. I agree with GG, if she gets people in the kitchen and cooking, great. I don't particularly cook the way she does, I don't use a lot of pre-packaged food, but there are people who do, otherwise she wouldn't have the show or all those cook books out.

I seem to be the only one here who doesn't watch cookingshows.

I've watched a couple of episodes of 'Top Chef', and thought that was alright, you know, but it's not really something I follow.
Not everyone at Discuss Cooking watches cooking shows, but since the title of this particular thread is "Which is your favourite cooking show?" I would assume the only ones who would be interested in reading/responding would be those who do watch them.

I have enjoyed most of the cooking and food-related shows I have seen. I have a wide variety of interests, so I usually learn something from any cooking/food show I watch. I haven't seen many lately, but I have watched some of the late night Food Network shows ("Good Eats," "Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives," etc.) recently.

:)Barbara

neither is Sandra Lee's..... :rolleyes:

when i cook the goal is the end product. if i can get help to cut the time it takes, then i am all for it. this is not to say, i would make everything she shows. it does say that a lot of the shortcuts make sense and save some time. the end result is one arrives at the same place by different routes. room for us all in the universe.

babe:ermm::ermm:

Iron Chef America definitely, I like all of em except Cat Cora, haven't seen too much of Simon yet to decide if I like him.
Throwdown with Bobby Flay, really like him and on Iron Chef
Good Eats with Alton Brown
Diners, Drive Ins and Dives with Guy (love watching all the great food I am not allowed to eat anymore!!)
Some of the others I like to occasionally watch mostly for entertainment. I do still watch RR because sometimes I don't have the time to prepare everything from scratch or spend hours in the kitchen everyday so its good to know the shortcuts. At least, as long as you don't get carried away with them, then the convenience can get expensive.
And I think her recipes are fun.

Not everyone can, or wants to be, a chef, ChefJune. But you're making quite a sweeping statement about a show you admit to having watched once. She does a lot more than you give her credit for. In case you're interested in seeing some actual recipes of hers:

Recipes : Herb Crusted Salmon with Sweet Corn and Mushrooms : Food Network
Recipes : Chicken with Peanut Curry Sauce : Food Network
Recipes : Cajun Pork Burgers with Spicy Remoulade Sauce : Food Network

Like Rachael Ray, if she inspires people to get into the kitchen and make more of their own food, I say, you go, girl! :clap:

That said, her manner of speaking makes me crazy and I rarely watch her show. I'm not usually home then, anyway. My favorites are Tyler Florence's Ultimate, Alton Brown's Good Eats, Bobby Flay's Throwdown and Iron Chef.

Hey, thanks for the links, the Chicken and burgers both look really good! I wish I had more time to catch some of these shows, but it is DW's busy season so I am missing a lot of them.

During the cold months when I am "forced" to be inside I like Good Eats, Emeril, Throwdown, etc. What ever is on when I'm inside.

In the warmer months, I'm not usually in front of the TV before 9 p.m. Again, it's probably what's on then or a movie from Netflix.

These days ... Alton Brown and America's Test Kitchen.

My favorites were on PBS and no longer aired .... the Frugal Gourmet, the Galloping Gourmet, Julia Child, Justin Wilson, and a few others that I can't remember their names ...

Back
Top Bottom