Who ate what today, Mon July 3rd?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was not very hungry for breakfast, so I had a protein drink. Then about 10 a.m. I had a granola bar. For lunch I had leftover fried rice and General Tso's chicken. Then about 2 p.m. I had a scoop of expresso chip ice cream at Bassett's Station in Bassett's, CA. For such a little store they had about 20 different kinds of ice cream to choose from. For dinner I stopped on the way home from work and picked up a hamburger and fries at the new frostie that just opened (today) in town. I started off eating fairly good and after lunch my diet was not so good. I guess I will have to behave myself tomorrow.

I had several odds and ends leftovers, like

-a handful of indian yellow lentils (not enough for a whole batch for another dinner)
-opened carton of passata (tomato puree)
-some red beans from an opened tin
-some corn kernel from an opened tin
-bits and pieces of speck from a big chunk we sliced up yesterday

so... I sautèed the speck with onion, carrots and garlic, then simmered them with bayleaf, red wine, lentils, a little rice, passata and diced tomatoes and a little water, then added the beans and corn towards the end. It was one of the classic leftover solution mishmash, but it came out quite tasty!!:-p

Well, seeing this thread, I realized that I didn't eat much today. I had the house to myself, no kids no grandkids, no DH so I did all my routine things, went to the store for things to make sundae's with tomorrow, put together a potato salad and baked beans, and painted to my hearts content:LOL: So thinking about it now I had 1 cup of coffee, 3 apricots off the tree, and 6 shrimp...Now I know why my tummy is making that strange noise:LOL:

kadesma

who ate what today?

corazon90 said:
It's 10pm and nobody has started this thread yet?!

I made a green chile chicken frito pie. It was delish! Dessert is tea & chocolate accompanied by 4 loads of laundry waiting to be folded.:wacko:
Hi corazon 90, we had what my kids always called "grandma beans"! They're simply southern-style pinto beans, made the slow way from dried beans. Nothing added but a little adobo seasoning & black pepper & 2 ham hocks. Had them over some plain basmati rice & also served what was left of yesterday's b-b-qued chicken tikka.Talk about eclectic eating!

wills53

I made lamb burgers stuffed with feta and grilled onions.
I make lamb burgers all the time but these were beyond good! They were great!!!! The grilled sweet onions gave the lamb a wonderful new flavor!

late on answereing this but we had oatmeal then for supper we had fried potatoes and deep fried bluegills with garden corn from last year but still tasted great.For late night snack had vanilla ice cream.

We had roller coaster breakfast.....
A pretzel at the mall washed down by a starbucks
Roasted turkey, potatoe snow balls, green bean casserole and cranberries and milk for dinner....and of course, before bed .... whisky:cool:

Back
Top Bottom