Who do you cook for?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Claire

Master Chef
Who do you cook for and how often? Over the years I've moved many times and it has changed. Right now, on a day to day basis, I cook for my husband and me. We eat out maybe once a week. I fix us supper the other 6 days, and we lunch from leftovers and such. Once or twice a month I have folk over for dinner or brunch. When I lived in Florida (and when I visit there), I cook for my parents, sisters, nieces, nephews, various other relatives and anyone who happens to be hanging around. Who do you cook for on a regular basis, and who else?

I cook for my husband and sons.Day in day out.
Occasionally I'll invite my neighbor across the street over,he's a widower.Or I'll just make up a nice dinner and take it to him.

I cook dinner for my wife, daughter, and son. It is not an every night thing. Something I get home to late so DW feeds the kids and herself and I fend for myself when I get home.

Occasionally I cook for friends and family when they come over or we go to their places.

i cook for dh and me all/most meals, we may eat out at a restaurant once or twice a year, or not. We routinely have friends over for dinner, usually two at a time, and we go to friends houses' for dinner too.

DW does 99% of the cooking, her's is a helluva lot better than mine :) Though I am almost always her right hand in the kitchen and sometimes she will just say "You cook tonight." I don't mind, I enjoy cooking, more so as her "sous" chef than as the "exec" because she can do things in her sleep that I haven't even grasped yet ;)

i cook mainly for me & jake; we often cook together, too. like spaghetti & meatballs- he loves his recipe, so we have those, i cook the sauce & pasta.
we'll usually dine at a restaurant 1 or 2 times a month.

I cook for myself, except on the occasion that I have company. I love to cook, but HATE to wash dishes or eat leftovers many times, so I don't always cook. I order out with co-workers. Most of the dishes I crave are hard to scale down and microwaving(I work nights) or freezing is not a option as it makes it soggy.

Last edited:
cook for myself. will make something i am craving.take out couple servings for me and send the rest to my son and his family. he is cook in his house so he likes it.

i bake and give most of it to various grandkids and son.

i cook for family on special occasions. i gave up my claim to thanksgiving this year. my son took us all out to dinner. it was just awful so this year don't know.

I cook for dh and myself most of the time. He can only cook eggs in a few different ways. We eat with friends sometimes and some eat with us and we eat out usually at least once a week maybe twice. We'd both rather eat at home.

My roommate and myself; sometimes one or both of his daughters and their spousal units. Once in a while I am lucky enough to have my son in town too. When I visit my father they usually get me to cook at least one meal that they have never tried.

I cook for my bf . Although the amount I cook is something else entirely. I make his lunch using whatevers in the fridge, deli meats and leftovers from dinner usually. We usually eat dinner at home most days of the week. I 'd say we eat out probably 5 times a month .

I cook for my wife and son daily. I also do some catering on the side, so that can be cooking for hundreds. If I am not catering I lik,e to invite friends over on weekends and cook for them.

I cook for my partner and myself on a regular basis, and also a regular group of friends. I also have a small set of clients who hire me to do dinners/events for them. (I have limited time for outside jobbing so I have turned many away except for summer when I have much more time)

Family gatherings: Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter ... I usually do 2 out of the 3.

Just when I was getting comfortable in the kitchen, and daring to try new things....the darned tootin economy took a poop forcing me to move out of my apartment and into my mothers home. SIGH.

So...I haven't cooked anything short of scrambled eggs and pancakes in the last four months. Oh, I've microwaved some things, but yea, no cooking.

I can't wait to get back in the kitchen.

However, you can all guess the perks of umm, livin with mom.:rolleyes:

I cook for myself and DH, also daughter and her boyfriend on occasion. We have company for dinner several times a month, usually 2-3 other couples at a time. Next week, though, we are having 22 people over for a party (yikes!). Everyone is supposed to bring something, so it won't be a big deal. We have two good-sized patios and lots of tables, chairs and plastic dishes.

Back
Top Bottom