Who Stole the Parm?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
AARRRGGGHHH!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::furious::furious::furious:

OK, I know I'm getting old and forgetful but this is ridiculous!

A couple of weeks ago I bought a wedge of Parmigaino Reggiano. Good stuff. I think it cost me $12-$13 a pound. I used it to make eggplant parm then put it in the fridge in a Ziploc bag marked with the date. I clearly remember this.

Last night I planned to make Fettuccine Alfredo. I melted some butter and microplaned a clove of garlic into it. Got out the heavy cream and went to the cheese drawer for the Parm. It wasn't there. A new wedge of Pecorino Romano and piece of Gruyere were there, some mozzarella and American cheese were there but not the brand new wedge of Parm Reg!

It wasn't anywhere in the fridge or the freezer. It wasn't in the freezer in the basement. It wasn't in a kitchen cabinet or drawer. It was gone.

SO, stepped in and looked in all the same places. No Parm.

Then I looked again just in case it had been hiding and was afraid to show itself. No dice.

I had to give up and make the "Alfredo" with the pecorino. It just was not the same.

So what the heck happened to my parm??

When you put two socks in the washer or dryer, but only one comes out....where ever the missing sock is, IS where the missing parm is. Just check!:LOL:

So Andy, did you find it?

How many cooks are in your kitchen?
Have you had alfredo since you last saw it a few weeks ago?
Did you put it in the veggie drawer because the cheese drawer was too full?
Do you use it on buttered popcorn?
Homeowners insurance deductible probably hasn't been met, any other thefts around this time?
Did it show itself yet?

This is a very serious issue :LOL:

I have a 26 year old son, who is a professional cook in my home. Occasionally, choice ingredients turn up missing. I feel your pain, my friend.

Seeeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

I often find in the distraction of clean-up after a meal I put things some pretty weird places. Especially if wine and company were involved.

I often find in the distraction of clean-up after a meal I put things some pretty weird places. Especially if wine and company were involved.

I don't expect to find it. It's been missing too long and I don't smell anything bad.

I wonder if others have legendary missing items in their kitchen? Mrs. .40 and I are still missing a Sams 3-pack of Aluminum foil after 10 years and a kitchen remodel.

We know we brought it home from the store because we took one roll and used it and put the other two in the cabinet. After a few weeks we needed the next roll and both of them had disappeared.

Now it's a running joke. Anytime an item is lost...it must be next to the aluminum foil. :LOL:

I wonder if others have legendary missing items in their kitchen? .40

I lose dried beans...I move them and move them and when I decide I want to use them, they are gone. Maybe I'm cooking them up in my sleep and eating them, 'cuz there is no way DH would cook them.

I lose things in my pantry. I go searching for something I know I bought and can't find it. Usually it is right in front of me. I don't think I've lost any cheese, but most anything else one could think of - I've lost.I'm still not as bad as dh is about losing things. My sister and brother in law gave him a saw and drill with the chargers and he thinks he either threw it away or closed it up in a wall when he did some construction.

I'm still not as bad as dh is about losing things. My sister and brother in law gave him a saw and drill with the chargers and he thinks he either threw it away or closed it up in a wall when he did some construction.

I tend to toss out new pizza cutters with the delivery box...:wacko:

If I go to the thrift store and buy an old, gnarly one with a cracked handle, it will stick around forever, but as soon as I toss it for a new one, I have to go buy another gnarly...I'm going to quit buying new pizza cutters.

Last edited:
TAKE NOTE!

I purchased another wedge of Parm Reg today. I placed it in the cheese drawer of the refrigerator. Later when I went back, it was still there.

Stay tuned...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom