Who wants dinner on Sat. November 16, 2013???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
We plan to have stew, green salad made from baby spinach with strawberries, and thin sliced red onion, homemade black pepper biscuits. Ice cream cones for dessert. And YOU????
kades

Last edited:
Bought a rotisserie chicken at Costco this morning. We'll have that with steamed broccoli and a starch for me if I'm ambitious.

Still baking French bread so I'm making it easy on myself and have a nice big crock-pot full of navy bean soup cooking. Smells so yummy. Made potato rolls yesterday, which will be good slathered with butter and, if I'm not out of steam, we'll have a salad. Iced tea for our beverage and homemade chocolate pudding for dessert. It takes egg white to put a "wash" on the bread, which leaves me with lots of yolks, hence homemade pudding. We had vanilla pudding last week. Yummy and creamy.

Still baking French bread so I'm making it easy on myself and have a nice big crock-pot full of navy bean soup cooking. Smells so yummy. Made potato rolls yesterday, which will be good slathered with butter and, if I'm not out of steam, we'll have a salad. Iced tea for our beverage and homemade chocolate pudding for dessert. It takes egg white to put a "wash" on the bread, which leaves me with lots of yolks, hence homemade pudding. We had vanilla pudding last week. Yummy and creamy.

Sounds great!

Smoked chicken breast and boudin sausage balls. Steamed green beans with butter and almonds.

Baking a Caramel toffee butter pound cake just because Mrs. 40 wants one.

We went for Dim Sum with a friend who is only in town for a short while. It was really good, so we ate a lot. So, breakfast for supper tonight.

if you only ever make one curry from scratch,i implore you,nay beseech you to make it a thai yellow curry.it is,to me,the thai equivalent of apple pie & custard,rhubarb crumble & ice cream,jam roly poly & white sauce,corned beef hash & pickled red cabbage,cottage pie & brown sauce:ermm:...it is pure comfort...sweet,sharp,hot,cool,smooth & salty with a depth of flavour no other curry can equal imho....right,that's got that off me chest:rolleyes:!!tonights offering is harry's thai yellow fish curry made with cornish hake,chipirones,black tiger prawns,okra & thai fragrant/brown basmati steamed rice.singha beer colder than a polar bears bum.thank you!!

Attachments

• THAI YELLOW FISH CURRY 001.JPG
    THAI YELLOW FISH CURRY 001.JPG
    85.5 KB · Views: 194
  • THAI YELLOW FISH CURRY 003.JPG
    THAI YELLOW FISH CURRY 003.JPG
    96.5 KB · Views: 177
  • THAI YELLOW FISH CURRY 004.JPG
    THAI YELLOW FISH CURRY 004.JPG
    94 KB · Views: 170
  • THAI YELLOW FISH CURRY 005.JPG
    THAI YELLOW FISH CURRY 005.JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 181
  • THAI YELLOW FISH CURRY 006.JPG
    THAI YELLOW FISH CURRY 006.JPG
    86 KB · Views: 197
  • THAI YELLOW FISH CURRY 007.JPG
    THAI YELLOW FISH CURRY 007.JPG
    94.1 KB · Views: 165
  • THAI YELLOW FISH CURRY 008.JPG
    THAI YELLOW FISH CURRY 008.JPG
    126.3 KB · Views: 162
  • THAI YELLOW FISH CURRY 009.JPG
    THAI YELLOW FISH CURRY 009.JPG
    80.2 KB · Views: 177
  • THAI YELLOW FISH CURRY 010.JPG
    THAI YELLOW FISH CURRY 010.JPG
    87.1 KB · Views: 185
  • THAI YELLOW FISH CURRY 011.JPG
    THAI YELLOW FISH CURRY 011.JPG
    125.6 KB · Views: 173
  • THAI YELLOW FISH CURRY 013.JPG
    THAI YELLOW FISH CURRY 013.JPG
    114.5 KB · Views: 159
  • THAI YELLOW FISH CURRY 014.JPG
    THAI YELLOW FISH CURRY 014.JPG
    116.1 KB · Views: 230
  • THAI YELLOW FISH CURRY 015.JPG
    THAI YELLOW FISH CURRY 015.JPG
    115.3 KB · Views: 233
  • THAI YELLOW FISH CURRY 016.JPG
    THAI YELLOW FISH CURRY 016.JPG
    100.2 KB · Views: 180
  • THAI YELLOW FISH CURRY 017.JPG
    THAI YELLOW FISH CURRY 017.JPG
    110.8 KB · Views: 233
Cool, you've got that little red funnel thing out again :LOL:
You keep doing this and I'm going to have to buy a tagine.
Looks delicious, Harry.

Cool, you've got that little red funnel thing out again :LOL:
You keep doing this and I'm going to have to buy a tagine.
Looks delicious, Harry.
it's completely legal where i come from officer;)!!
cheers pac,well worth the effort to make it from scratch:chef:
treat yourself to a tagine,they are magical:cool:!!

Well, I "want dinner", just not sure what it will be.....waiting until some friends let me know if they will be coming to join us("she" is working until 4:00) they have a parcel to pick up at "Bunny's US/Canadian Parcel & Package Service". ;). The holidays always increase the amount of parcels we receive for our Canadian friends. It will be short notice for dinner, but I'm thinking Grilled ribeye steaks baked potatoes with the trimmings and spinach salad with warm honey mustard dressing. That should work last minute. ;)

I'm going to fix what I'm hungry for; Rope sausage, mushrooms gratin and green beans almondine. I might even saute some diced some potatoes and onions.

Well I worked backward tonight. I started with deciding on the salad (killer coleslaw) as we have a cabbage that needs to be used up. Then I realized Bugs had asked for some green bean casserole that I never made her, so thats ready to go. The main is going to be chicken something or other. I have some breasts out thawing and I need some inspiration so I'm off to cruise around the site. I'm thinking something lemony and light to go with all the rest of dinner.

CRAP! I forgot to make dessert! Guess its ice cream tonight!

Well I worked backward tonight. I started with deciding on the salad (killer coleslaw) as we have a cabbage that needs to be used up. Then I realized Bugs had asked for some green bean casserole that I never made her, so thats ready to go. The main is going to be chicken something or other. I have some breasts out thawing and I need some inspiration so I'm off to cruise around the site. I'm thinking something lemony and light to go with all the rest of dinner.

CRAP! I forgot to make dessert! Guess its ice cream tonight!

Breasts out thawing? :ermm:
Say what?! :ohmy:
:LOL:

I'd pound those babies flat and make a schnitzel... maybe a picatta type deal with sliced lemons on top :yum:

Breasts out thawing? :ermm:
Say what?! :ohmy:
:LOL:

I'd pound those babies flat and make a schnitzel... maybe a picatta type deal with sliced lemons on top :yum:

Sorry, just had mine pounded flat last month...:ermm:

We went to Denny's for a disappointing fish and chips lunch. However, we are not really hungry, so I am snacking on some manchengo cheese and mandarin oranges. Later a little pumpkin bread for a snack.

So, breakfast for supper it was. I made a five egg French omelette and tried out making bacon in the oven, for the first time. That worked well. Thanks to all who have suggested it. Organic, multi-grain toast with that. I've started buying organic, eggs from "free-run"/ "free-range" chickens. They were noticeably darker yellow and were very tasty.

I was out this evening, having a meal with two very good friends.

We had a "sharing platter" of olives, rustic bread, goat's cheese, spicy sausage, hummus, chicken liver pate, red pepper tapenade and cured pork.

Then I had confit duck leg with a black cherry sauce, potatoes dauphinoise and snow peas. My companions had steak with salad and peppercorn sauce; and beef bourguignon with creamy mash.

And a lovely evening it was! :)

Back
Top Bottom