Who wants dinner on Sat. November 16, 2013???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was out this evening, having a meal with two very good friends.

We had a "sharing platter" of olives, rustic bread, goat's cheese, spicy sausage, hummus, chicken liver pate, red pepper tapenade and cured pork.

Then I had confit duck leg with a black cherry sauce, potatoes dauphinoise and snow peas. My companions had steak with salad and peppercorn sauce; and beef bourguignon with creamy mash.

And a lovely evening it was! :)
And it sounds like it was a yummy one as well.

And it sounds like it was a yummy one as well.

Taxy, it was old-fashioned food with old-fashioned friends. No mobile phones, no airs and graces. Just good old-fashioned conversation and very tasty food. :) (Is it okay that I called you Taxy by the way?)

Taxy, it was old-fashioned food with old-fashioned friends. No mobile phones, no airs and graces. Just good old-fashioned conversation and very tasty food. :) (Is it okay that I called you Taxy by the way?)

Just perfect. A great night out with friends and food.

Here was my grub. Enough left over for lunch tomorrow. Except for the mushroom gratin :pig:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 147
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 132
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 173
Just perfect. A great night out with friends and food.
Here was my grub. Enough left over for lunch tomorrow. Except for the mushroom gratin :pig:
boy oh boy that looks damn good to me pac!! luvvin' those "bangers" mate,favourite bit is where the filling comes out of the ends & gets all crunchy..perfection:yum:!!

Tonight was the WEDDING! After 11 months of planning, it is now officially over. We had a nice meal of pot roast with gravy, mashed taters, broccoli, corn rice pilaf, scalloped potatoes, ham with raisin sauce, salads and cake. Served buffet style. Having a hard time winding down and sleeping.

Thanks, Harry. If there's one thing the town grocery store does right it's make their own sausage.

if you only ever make one curry from scratch,i implore you,nay beseech you to make it a thai yellow curry.it is,to me,the thai equivalent of apple pie & custard,rhubarb crumble & ice cream,jam roly poly & white sauce,corned beef hash & pickled red cabbage,cottage pie & brown sauce:ermm:...it is pure comfort...sweet,sharp,hot,cool,smooth & salty with a depth of flavour no other curry can equal imho....right,that's got that off me chest:rolleyes:!!tonights offering is harry's thai yellow fish curry made with cornish hake,chipirones,black tiger prawns,okra & thai fragrant/brown basmati steamed rice.singha beer colder than a polar bears bum.thank you!!

Thats interesting. The Thai cookbooks I have call for paste. I made a batch of yellow curry paste last week.

Ingredients
3 oz California Chilies
1 Tbsp corriander seed
1 Tbsp cumin seed
1 1/2 Tbsp shrimp paste
3 Tbsp curry powder
2 Tbsp ground turmeric
2 stalks lemon grass
2 Tbsp finely chopped fresh ginger
2 Tbsp chopped garlic
1/2 cup chopped shallots

I doubled the recipe and ended up with about 4 cups of paste. This stuff freezes well and most recipes using it call for a cup. This paste is mild. You adjust the heat in the actual dish with fresh Thai chilies or what ever chilies you prefer. :yum:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom