Who's cookin tonight, March 6, Monday?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
............well, I will be cooking.

we had a good dinner last night. fillet mignon roast, huge baked pots, Sandra Lee's pinwheel appetizers, spinach and mushrooms with iced water.
we choaked it down while watching the Oscars and trying to fatham how a Pimp song got best song of the year. when we picked up our forks from the carpet, we reminisced over the good ole days of beautiful songs from years gone by. oh those were the days............

I took out a package of boneless skinless chicken thighs and I'll be doing Paula Deen's version with soaking first in sour cream and buttermilk, then coating in a crumb mixture, stuffed baked potato skins and brussels sprouts with grated cheese and bacon and drizzled butter. DH loves desserts so I'll do an apple cobbler with nuts/crumbs on top then baked.

Anyone enjoy the Oscars?

How bout you? cookin?

Last edited:
I have a big chunk of ham that I need to use up tomorrow. I'm not sure if I'll just bake it or cut it up in chuncks and make split pea soup.

I have no earthly idea. Hopefully PeppA comes home today. If she does, I get to go grocery shopping.

We will finish off the stuffed round zucchine we made yesterday. To go with it I would like to try a new variation of Tabouli dressed with Tajine we bought some days ago. It will be interesting...:rolleyes:

I'm making beef stew with dumplings. My daughter does not eat beef, so I am making a chicken stew as well.

I have some Soba and Udon noodles in my pantry calling my name. I have never cooked either so I am looking for suggestions.

I'll be preparing Chicken breast marinated in mojo -served with mango peach salsa,fresh pineapple and saffron rice on the side.:rolleyes:

amber said:
I'm making beef stew with dumplings. My daughter does not eat beef, so I am making a chicken stew as well.

Amber, I made a rib roast last night and have A LOT of leftover meat...can your beef stew be made with already cooked meat? If so, can you share the recipe 'Beef stew w/dumplings'?

Tonight, having fish chowder w/ some crusty french bread and a salad. My children will be soooo delighted:LOL:

I roasted a chicken for dinner last night so tonight I am making butter chicken with the leftover meat.

Toots said:
I roasted a chicken for dinner last night so tonight I am making butter chicken with the leftover meat.

what's butter chicken?:ermm:
Toots said:
Its an Indian dish with chicken, cumin, ginger, cilantro, tomato puree, cream and butter (jalapeno too?). Its yummy and fairly easy if you've already got the chicken cooked.

sounds delish! cumin in anything is always a + with me:LOL:

Last edited:
I have leftover split pea soup with dumplings. And I am going to make little meat balls in a sweet and sour sauce with "kasha" and "varnishkes"....buckwheat and pasta shells....red wine.....no dessert...only have that when we have company to dinner.

LEFSElover said:
what's butter chicken?:ermm:

Its an Indian dish with chicken, cumin, ginger, cilantro, tomato puree, cream and butter (jalapeno too?). Its yummy and fairly easy if you've already got the chicken cooked.

Let's talk about the soup, Sweetie....

pdswife said:
I have a big chunk of ham that I need to use up tomorrow. I'm not sure if I'll just bake it or cut it up in chuncks and make split pea soup.
I used the recipe from the Joy of Cooking years ago and think it's one of, if not, the best I've ever eaten. I love the stuff.

BBQ, salad & beer. (Still Q weather over here). :cool:

Same tonight & tomorrow night, only the meats change.

Nobody drives my Barby...

Phil said:
I used the recipe from the Joy of Cooking years ago and think it's one of, if not, the best I've ever eaten. I love the stuff.
Have you posted the recipe? We're big fans of P&H soup......

We're chopping up the leftover Sunday Roast, potatoes, onions and carrots and adding the next-to-the-last quart of homemade vegetable soup. It's so cold here today - add a skillet of cornbread & that oughta do it.

Back
Top Bottom