Who's cooking fish on Christmas eve?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lol, me too! my dad loved whole smelts. he'd crunch right through the whole thing, head, tail, fins, bones and all.

i have never tried that, but i've had cleaned (beheaded and tailed) fried smelts that were good. but crunchy fish heads???

I have to take the heads off. Here is some I cooked in Chile last year. No wait that was early this year.

Pejerrey (Kingfish or Smelt) cooked by powerplantop, on Flickr

Tom mate my Mum converted from the Catholic faith to Jewish faith to marry my Dad, they then escaped to Wales to bring us up without family pressures.
My Dad lived and died an atheist but he did not want us to miss out on Christmas so we had two the European catholic celebration of fish on Chrimbo eve and the traditional British version on the day.
This year we will spend the eve with my Mum at the care home(its fantastic they bring in a choir) then on the way home we buy fish and chips.Christmas day we visit in the morning (we can stay for the turkey and trimmings lunch but my kid brother finds it difficult) so we are going to a local Indian.We will then return to join in the party they have an elderly magician and games like musical wheel chairs:ermm:

Tom mate my Mum converted from the Catholic faith to Jewish faith to marry my Dad, they then escaped to Wales to bring us up without family pressures.
My Dad lived and died an atheist but he did not want us to miss out on Christmas so we had two the European catholic celebration of fish on Chrimbo eve and the traditional British version on the day.
This year we will spend the eve with my Mum at the care home(its fantastic they bring in a choir) then on the way home we buy fish and chips.Christmas day we visit in the morning (we can stay for the turkey and trimmings lunch but my kid brother finds it difficult) so we are going to a local Indian.We will then return to join in the party they have an elderly magician and games like musical wheel chairs:ermm:

Sounds like you had some smart parents. It may not have been their intention, but they gave you some very valuable morals. :angel:

lol, me too! my dad loved whole smelts. he'd crunch right through the whole thing, head, tail, fins, bones and all.

i have never tried that, but i've had cleaned (beheaded and tailed) fried smelts that were good. but crunchy fish heads???

I had a neighbor that lived upstairs. She loved smelts and would buy about five pounds at a time. The only problem was she couln't stand to gut and behead them. So I did it for her. I have always loved doing the prep work. Even for a neighbor.

Back
Top Bottom