Who's eating what this first day of August?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks all for Anniversary Congrats. We are so happy to be in love for such a large part of our lives.

Barbara,
I went to Chick-Fil-A for lunch today too. I should have gotten the peach shake! Was it good? I went for the chicken strips today. :yum:

I did Chick-fil-A for lunch too! The place was so packed and cars wrapped around the building and out the driveway! Ended up parking in a neighboring restaurant's lot and walking so just got sandwiches to go. Tonight I have a small London Broil out that will be grilled. Not sure what I'll have with it yet. I'm kind of in the mood for mac and cheese. Have baby spinach for salads.

Spicy Chick-Fil-A.. D-Lux Sammich........
Big Waffle Fries.....
Brownie.......

Best quality fast food on the street....Impeccable friendly service!!!
sounds like a good place to go.is it like a kfc?what makes it so special...apart from the service as bob said.we only have kfc & copycat places over here.mind you,when kfc is good it is good:yum:!

Tacos!!!
I had a mad taste for tacos tonight, so went out and bought everything I didn't have, which was everything but the sour cream, taco sauce and the cheddar cheese. Then I said to myself, man, it's costing 15 bucks to eat tacos tonight :(
man's gotta do what a man's gotta do pacanis!

sounds like a good place to go.is it like a kfc?what makes it so special...apart from the service as bob said.we only have kfc & copycat places over here.mind you,when kfc is good it is good:yum:!
It was kind of a "Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day." I can't speak for most of their foods, but I love their cool wraps, which have chicken, lettuce and sauce (I get the spicy ones). They sell sandwiches, breakfast burritos, chicken tenders, etc. One of the most popular things there are their waffle fries.

It was kind of a "Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day." I can't speak for most of their foods, but I love their cool wraps, which have chicken, lettuce and sauce (I get the spicy ones). They sell sandwiches, breakfast burritos, chicken tenders, etc. One of the most popular things there are their waffle fries.
cheers babs:cool:!! just had a toot on their website,as i've never eaten there before i think i'd go for a tray....or 2.....or 3....y'know,just to get a feel for the place:ermm::pig::yum:!! looks good & if the service is as good as bob says then that's half the battle!!

They are a chicken sandwich place. The sandwiches are wonderful, the corporate attitudes are deplorable. Google it, but as it is too political we won't discuss it here.

They are a chicken sandwich place. The sandwiches are wonderful, the corporate attitudes are deplorable. Google it, but as it is too political we won't discuss it here.

I had to giggle at this Chick A Fil deal, how much has been said for or against it or opposing parties, without anything being said about politics or religion, free speech or corporate attitudes, because we can't say anything political or religious. Giggle giggle giggle.
It still made me laugh at the saying it, without actually saying it.

Anyways, Frank, this is your grandmother. I have to tell you, I made ham spread starting with baloney AGAIN. I've always thought it was too salty, due to the baloney. Yesterday I made a sandwich with a thin layer of ham spread and chopped up cucumbers (deseeded and peeled). OH it was just heavenly. Try it sometime, somehow the crunchy fresh cucumber with a thin layer of ham spread, just made it amazing.

They are primarily a sandwich place. ~ IMO they do what they do (mostly chicken dishes) better than what....say McDonald's, Wendy's. Burger King etc etc do with what they do....hamburgers and such. ~ Thus for me, it is the best fast food place on the street ~The service 'culture' is top notch. ~ ~~ The fact that the owners practice their Christian faith beliefs does not make the corporate attitude any more 'deplorable' than someone who practices their Jewish Faith and runs a Jewish Deli, Or someone who practices the Greek Orthodox faith and runs a Greek Restaurant. ~ To suggest otherwise is not political...it's absurd!

http://www.chick-fil-a.com/Food/Menu

They are primarily a sandwich place. ~ IMO they do what they do (mostly chicken dishes) better than what....say McDonald's, Wendy's. Burger King etc etc do with what they do....hamburgers and such. ~ Thus for me, it is the best fast food place on the street ~The service 'culture' is top notch. ~ ~~ The fact that the owners practice their Christian faith beliefs does not make the corporate attitude any more 'deplorable' than someone who practices their Jewish Faith and runs a Jewish Deli, Or someone who practices the Greek Orthodox faith and runs a Greek Restaurant. ~ To suggest otherwise is not political...it's absurd!

Chick-fil-A: Menu
thanks bob,as i said in my reply to barbara,might need a tray or two to get a feel for the place;):yum:!!.my sole concern would be that the food is good,the service good & they support animal welfare in terms of who,where & how they source the products.i'm sure that,just as in the uk,there are more than enough institutions/laws to cover the corporate attitude side of things your side of the pond.
don't have any experience of the company so would be wrong of me to comment beyond what i've said.

cheers frank,don't worry,i don't do politics;) & certainly wouldn't comment on a company i have no knowledge of.
everyone seems to rate it very highly food/service wise which is quite impressive for a fast food joint.some lessons to be learnt our side of the pond! must give it a try next time i'm over there:)

No need for anyone to comment one way or the other Harry....Ones chooses to eat (do business) at the joint, or one chooses not to eat (do business) there. ~~ Nuff said!!!

Fun!

No need for anyone to comment one way or the other Harry....Ones chooses to eat (do business) at the joint, or one chooses not to eat (do business) there. ~~ Nuff said!!!

Fun!
very true bob,will definitely give it a go next time i'm over(need to save up!) if it's in your neck of the woods i'll buy you a bourbon too....you can do the cigars!!

Just a quick note: the anniversary dinner was wonderful. Red Lobster is a good place for those of us in the middle of the country-so far from the sea. I went for the coconut shrimp, and was pleased!! Everyone was so nice to wish us well for our anniversary. Thanks again.

Just a quick note: the anniversary dinner was wonderful. Red Lobster is a good place for those of us in the middle of the country-so far from the sea. I went for the coconut shrimp, and was pleased!! Everyone was so nice to wish us well for our anniversary. Thanks again.
Yay!

I'm glad you had a good time! :cool:

Chick-fil-A: Menu

Since this line was breached: They do make an incredible chicken sandwich and I'm all for anyone practicing their religion. We have many people of many religions in my place of work and there is rarely any controversy because everyone treats everyone with respect. I love the diversity at my work and in my city. I start becoming unhappy when that courtesy is not extended and people within any environment spew intolerance, which is defined as "unwillingness or refusal to tolerate or respect contrary opinions or beliefs, persons of different races or backgrounds, etc."

As good as the sandwich is, I cannot morally support the disrespect of any culture or group. If I go to a deli and am told to leave because of my cross necklace, I won't be supporting it either.

I guess I may get a strike for this. Well....Okay. My apologies in advance for anyone I have offended.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom