"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 11-08-2007, 11:57 PM   #11
Senior Cook

Send a message via Yahoo to Cajun Cook
Yikes! I don't think I would have went there. Here in Louisiana, everybody cooks, men and women alike. The women also hunt down here. ****, my girlfriend was the one who showed me how to clean the ducks I shot.

Cheers,

Jim

Old 11-09-2007, 12:46 AM   #12
Cook

I was just wondering if the swelling had gone down on both of his eyes. and head yet.
I have learned along time ago there are certain areas you don`t tread, this is one of them.

Old 11-09-2007, 01:17 AM   #13
Head Chef

Frankly this guy seems to me the sort that if I knew him it would not be for very long.

It has for many years been considered the responsibility of the women to cook the meals, at least in the society I grew up in.

And wives and Moms would put out three squares every day with the necessary regularity whether they particularly enjoyed doing so or not.

God bless them for doing so.

There are so many things I feel forced to do each day that I don't cherish doing and am not particularly talented at. But those chores gotta get done.

And so essentially every husewife cooked. Growing up I learned some had a flair for it and some decidedly did not. But they fed their families.

Traditionally, at least in my time, men did not do much cooking. They left for work at six or seven in the morning and came homw at six or later in the evening, and when they came home they were in no particular mood to navigate themselves about a kitchen.

Ans so they took care of their families. Again God bless them.

Thereforre, when a guy wanted to cook, he really liked it. Probably had some talent, it is an art to some degree, and would put his full effort into it.

Would he therefore be a better cook than some lady on the block who had to get the kids fed, lunches packed, out to school, the digs cleaned, food bought, and the kazillions of other things a Mom has to do in addition to getting a meal on the table? And who really did not like the chore? Probably.

The same way a woman who took a fancy to carpentry would be better at it than most guys who are forced to do random jobs about the house. And hate doing so.

That article to me points to nothing more than a jerk. I hate to denigrate folks, but in this case I feel the statement is warrented.

Just my two pennies.
Old 11-09-2007, 04:14 AM   #14
Executive Chef

If you read the article as tongue-in-cheek, which you would have to wouldn't you - I mean he is still alive!! - it is humerous, but no where near as funny as some of the comments on this thread!! I laughed more at members' responses than at the article.

Guess he should really be thankful that he married someone he makes out to be incompetent, or else he would never have discovered his calling!!LOL

He can cook for me whenever he wants. I have earplugs!
Old 11-09-2007, 08:22 AM   #15
Sous Chef

I couldn't read it either GB. I'm getting a late start to my day and he was putting me in a bad place to get be going!
Old 11-09-2007, 08:59 AM   #16
Chef Extraordinaire

this guy never met my mom.

also, i'd like to know what guys he knows that can compute trig, fly at mach 2, and make a roast beast at the same time.
i know that's not what he meant literally, but he wrote it that way.

never trust writers. bunch of walter mittys.

i'm gonna have to go back and read the second half.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 09:57 AM   #17
Sous Chef

"Why Woman Can't Cook"?????

I like that caveman-esque twist.
Old 11-09-2007, 10:28 AM   #18
Senior Cook

He also fails to mention that one of the main reasons men feel they need to cook well in the first place is to impress women :)
Old 11-09-2007, 10:46 AM   #19
Senior Cook

Send a message via MSN to wysiwyg
fluxk,
Ouch, LOL... you are right, I do my cooking to impress TWO women: My daughters.
From this forum, I am learning to identify who can't you mess with in DC LOL
Old 11-09-2007, 11:27 AM   #20
Executive Chef

the article made me gag