"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 11-08-2007, 04:41 PM   #1
Chief Eating Officer

Why Woman Can't Cook

Let me start off by saying that I DO NOT agree with the man who tells his side of the story. Never the less, THIS article was pretty entertaining.

Old 11-08-2007, 04:59 PM   #2
Executive Chef

That guy is walking on thin ice.I like the last line his wife wrote about performance.

Old 11-08-2007, 05:14 PM   #3
Sous Chef

He just hasn't been with the right woman yet
Old 11-08-2007, 08:37 PM   #4
Master Chef

Sorry, couldn't get past the first 2 paragraphs!!
Old 11-08-2007, 08:44 PM   #5
Chief Eating Officer

TG, give it another shot. His wife replies in the second half. I am sure you will be able to get through that part.
Old 11-08-2007, 09:08 PM   #6
Master Chef

I have one question to ask; what ever happened to partnership?

Yes, I'm the head cook in my house, but also the bread-winner, the father of my children (who has helped them with every science project, every hobby, every homework assigment they didn't understand, etc) the yard-worker, the mechanic, the plumber, the repairman, and the guy who sets up and maintains anything the least bit technical in our home. Oh, and I'm the gardner and usually dishwasher as well.

My DW suffers from dibilitating chronic pain and has for years. So I carry most of the load, and always have.

However, that being said, I know women who are wonderfully creative cooks, who put their all into most meals, and who love the success of a job well-done.

I'm just not one to believe in the "battle of the sexes". Each of us have talents and abilities, often differing from our spouses, or partners, each contributing to the family whole. Those who are manipulative, or have to continually feed their own egos are jsut missing the point, and the joy of a proper jusband/wife relationship.

When she was younger, and not so full of pain, DW was my partner in every way, except that when I married her, I told her she would never have to work outside the home again. I've kept that promise, and more. And she has always given me respect, and helped where she could.

And actually, though I have one son who cooks proffessionaly, and except for myself, my daughters are far more creative in the kitchen than are my boys. But the boys are trying to catch up.

I found the article somewhat tongue-in-cheed, and humorous. but full of false logic and assertations on both sides, which is what made it funny. I just want everyone to really think about their roles in relationships and ask if they are truly being selfless, and placing their loved ones before themselves. If not, then they need to regroup and rethink their life.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 09:35 PM   #7
Executive Chef

That guy was just trying to get a rise out of his readers.But if he is so good I invite him to my house.The french used to have that attitude but they are slowly changing.I worked for a French Chef in New Mexico at a ski valley.He always said the only job a women could get in a kitchen in a restaurant in France was either washing dishes or maybe they might get to peel vegetables.Well I made him alot of money and he let me do what I wanted.He would say I pay you too much and I would say well you are too short.
Old 11-08-2007, 10:38 PM   #8
Head Chef

My mother was a female chef before it was spoken of in polite company circa 1938 and she taught me a great deal before I apprenticed under a master Chef for my formal training and on to a great career. I do know some women who have a hard time turning on the stove, but in there defence they never had a chance coming from a very poor family
Old 11-08-2007, 10:56 PM   #9
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
I too will have to read it when I am more awake.

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 11:49 PM   #10
Senior Cook

Send a message via MSN to wysiwyg
Paraphrasing bowlingshirt, this guy hasn't had the right mother.

Someone should send him a Julia Child book or a Kamasutra, based on the last comment from the wife LOL