Why Woman Can't Cook

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GB

Chief Eating Officer
Let me start off by saying that I DO NOT agree with the man who tells his side of the story. Never the less, THIS article was pretty entertaining.

TG, give it another shot. His wife replies in the second half. I am sure you will be able to get through that part.

I have one question to ask; what ever happened to partnership?

Yes, I'm the head cook in my house, but also the bread-winner, the father of my children (who has helped them with every science project, every hobby, every homework assigment they didn't understand, etc) the yard-worker, the mechanic, the plumber, the repairman, and the guy who sets up and maintains anything the least bit technical in our home. Oh, and I'm the gardner and usually dishwasher as well.

My DW suffers from dibilitating chronic pain and has for years. So I carry most of the load, and always have.

However, that being said, I know women who are wonderfully creative cooks, who put their all into most meals, and who love the success of a job well-done.

I'm just not one to believe in the "battle of the sexes". Each of us have talents and abilities, often differing from our spouses, or partners, each contributing to the family whole. Those who are manipulative, or have to continually feed their own egos are jsut missing the point, and the joy of a proper jusband/wife relationship.

When she was younger, and not so full of pain, DW was my partner in every way, except that when I married her, I told her she would never have to work outside the home again. I've kept that promise, and more. And she has always given me respect, and helped where she could.

And actually, though I have one son who cooks proffessionaly, and except for myself, my daughters are far more creative in the kitchen than are my boys. But the boys are trying to catch up.

I found the article somewhat tongue-in-cheed, and humorous. but full of false logic and assertations on both sides, which is what made it funny. I just want everyone to really think about their roles in relationships and ask if they are truly being selfless, and placing their loved ones before themselves. If not, then they need to regroup and rethink their life.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

:)That guy was just trying to get a rise out of his readers.But if he is so good I invite him to my house.The french used to have that attitude but they are slowly changing.I worked for a French Chef in New Mexico at a ski valley.He always said the only job a women could get in a kitchen in a restaurant in France was either washing dishes or maybe they might get to peel vegetables.Well I made him alot of money and he let me do what I wanted.He would say I pay you too much and I would say well you are too short.

My mother was a female chef before it was spoken of in polite company circa 1938 and she taught me a great deal before I apprenticed under a master Chef for my formal training and on to a great career. I do know some women who have a hard time turning on the stove, but in there defence they never had a chance coming from a very poor family

Paraphrasing bowlingshirt, this guy hasn't had the right mother.

Someone should send him a Julia Child book or a Kamasutra, based on the last comment from the wife LOL

Yikes! I don't think I would have went there. Here in Louisiana, everybody cooks, men and women alike. The women also hunt down here. ****, my girlfriend was the one who showed me how to clean the ducks I shot.

Cheers,

Jim

I was just wondering if the swelling had gone down on both of his eyes. and head yet.
I have learned along time ago there are certain areas you don`t tread, this is one of them.

Frankly this guy seems to me the sort that if I knew him it would not be for very long.

It has for many years been considered the responsibility of the women to cook the meals, at least in the society I grew up in.

And wives and Moms would put out three squares every day with the necessary regularity whether they particularly enjoyed doing so or not.

God bless them for doing so.

There are so many things I feel forced to do each day that I don't cherish doing and am not particularly talented at. But those chores gotta get done.

And so essentially every husewife cooked. Growing up I learned some had a flair for it and some decidedly did not. But they fed their families.

Traditionally, at least in my time, men did not do much cooking. They left for work at six or seven in the morning and came homw at six or later in the evening, and when they came home they were in no particular mood to navigate themselves about a kitchen.

Ans so they took care of their families. Again God bless them.

Thereforre, when a guy wanted to cook, he really liked it. Probably had some talent, it is an art to some degree, and would put his full effort into it.

Would he therefore be a better cook than some lady on the block who had to get the kids fed, lunches packed, out to school, the digs cleaned, food bought, and the kazillions of other things a Mom has to do in addition to getting a meal on the table? And who really did not like the chore? Probably.

The same way a woman who took a fancy to carpentry would be better at it than most guys who are forced to do random jobs about the house. And hate doing so.

That article to me points to nothing more than a jerk. I hate to denigrate folks, but in this case I feel the statement is warrented.

Just my two pennies.

If you read the article as tongue-in-cheek, which you would have to wouldn't you - I mean he is still alive!! - it is humerous, but no where near as funny as some of the comments on this thread!! I laughed more at members' responses than at the article.

Guess he should really be thankful that he married someone he makes out to be incompetent, or else he would never have discovered his calling!!LOL

He can cook for me whenever he wants. I have earplugs!

I couldn't read it either GB. I'm getting a late start to my day and he was putting me in a bad place to get be going!

this guy never met my mom.

also, i'd like to know what guys he knows that can compute trig, fly at mach 2, and make a roast beast at the same time.
i know that's not what he meant literally, but he wrote it that way.

never trust writers. bunch of walter mittys.

i'm gonna have to go back and read the second half.

He also fails to mention that one of the main reasons men feel they need to cook well in the first place is to impress women :)

fluxk,
Ouch, LOL... you are right, I do my cooking to impress TWO women: My daughters.
From this forum, I am learning to identify who can't you mess with in DC LOL

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom